S E V E N.

"So, a game engineer,huh? That was surprising."

Niragi laughed as the two of them walked around the hauls of the hotel, looking at Aya every then and there. "Hey, who's leaking all of my personal information?" the man joked.

"I can't tell you that." Aya smiled.

For some weird reason, even if Aya expected the atmosphere after the kiss to be tense, the pair mutually felt a sense of comfort. Surprisingly, Niragi didn't look like the big bad wolf anymore - instead, a softer version of his self was slowly uncovering.

Even if so, Aya still had her doubts.

"Of course you can't." Niragi added. Now, the two of them were standing outside of what Aya had guessed was his room. "There's other things you can do though." he laughed - which only made Aya punch him in the chest a moment after.

"Shut up."

"You're coming;" Niragi asked, pushing the door open.

"Hm; Nope." Aya mumbled.

"Okay. Good night, beautiful." to her surprise, Niragi didn't insist. Although a bit confused, Aya replied with a smile, waving goodbye to the man before turning around.

This time, the girl walked towards the stairs. She took a deep breath before she started skipping them one by one, wanting to go to her room as fast as she could. Whose idea was to give me a room on the third floor; , she thought, a little frown appearing on her face.

Aya was about to turn left and climb the last pair of stairs - however, the way she bumped into someone stopped her from doing so. "I am sor- What are you doing here?" her eyes widened when she faced Chishiya. "Are you stalking me?"

"Hello to you too." Chishiya murmured nonchalantly.

"What do you want?"

"I actually wanted to talk to you and Kuina." the blond explained, leaning against the wall. "I knocked at your door and no one replied, so i suspected you were at Kuina's. But then no one was there as well, so i figured out you two wouldn't be back yet and i decided to wait here."

"You really have nothing to do with your life, huh?" Aya teased, sliding against the wall as well.

"As if you have."

The girl rolled her eyes, deciding to ignore Chishiya's antics. "When was the last time you were friendly with someone?"

"I don't know, ask Kuina." Chishiya replied before pulling his hood over his head.

Aya starred at the white wall in front of her, trying to put her mind back in place. So much stuff had happened in such a little amount of time that she didn't even have the time to process it all. First and foremost, she had kissed Niragi. Aya herself didn't know how and why she ended up in this situation, but it would be a lie if she said she didn't... like it at least. Maybe she even wanted it, too. Curiosity killed the cat, Kuina would probably say - but for as long as she was trapped in the Borderlands, Aya felt like there was nothing to lose.

On the other hand,Chishiya had a plan. That plan included him, Aya, and maybe Kuina as well, but it was still unknown to the girl, and possibly just a stunt to test how far she would actually go. Aya sighed, her eyes shifting to the man that was standing next to her. Chishiya had his eyelids shut, his mind wondering to wherever - and Aya just rested her head on her knees, her gaze still fixed upon him.

"Are we waiting for Kuina?"

Chishiya opened his eyes, slightly tilting his head to face Aya. "No, i am waiting for the bus." he sarcastically replied.

"Is it about the stupid plan?" Aya mumbled again. "God, can't you just tell us what the hell are you pla-"

Before Aya could finish her sentence Chishiya dropped to her level, covering her mouth with his palm. The two pairs of eyes focused on each other for a little, making Aya's heart beat faster. As Chishiya's dark brown eyes starred into her soul, the girl longed to find a bit of empathy into them ; just a tiny hint of it, enough to make her believe she wasn't that much of an asshole.

"Do you want to set me up?" Chishiya hissed, finally taking his hand away. Yeah, not a single sense of empathy.

"Maybe." Aya replied. "You deserve to face the consequences for being such a dick."

"I thought we were over this." the blond deadpanned.

Aya was about to murmur something when Kuina's figure appeared out of a sudden, startling all three of them. "Kuina! Finally."

"I was searching for you. Where the hell were you?" Kuina asked as the pair stood up.

"You took forever so i ended up leaving." Aya shrugged her shoulders. Chishiya nonchalantly began walking up the stairs first, the two girls following him. "Let's not even mention the creep that almost kidnaped me or something."

"What?" Kuina's eyes widened. "What happened?"

Aya didn't know if it was her mind playing games or not, but she could see Chishiya frowning from the corner of her eye, almost like if he was concerned. "Not long after you left a man approached me, forcing me to let him get me drinks. He was visibly drunk,and at some point he even grabbed me by the waist, but thankfully Niragi was there."

This time, Chishiya clearly turned around to look at Aya, but without saying anything. "Niragi?" Kuina almost gasped.

"Yeah."

"So you're telling me Niragi helped you?" Kuina repeated.

"It's not a big deal." Aya added. "Anyone would've done that."

"No, Niragi wouldn't." the other woman blurted out. Kuina looked at Aya's confused expression, before proceeding to talk further. "I mean, i haven't seen him standing up for anyone else in here."

"He's still nowhere near being trustworthy." Chishiya finally broke his silence.

"Right." Kuina exclaimed, giving Aya a reassuring look.

Even if Kuina was not in the best terms with Niragi and the militants in general, she didn't want to tell Aya what to do and what not to do. They were both adults , friends for a matter of days, and two completely different people — at the end of the day, Kuina knew that no matter if Aya was close with Niragi or not, this wouldn't affect their friendship in the slightest.

After all, Niragi seemed to genuinely mean no harm when it came to Aya.

"He's still human." Aya replied, feeling Chishiya's heavy stare on her.

"And? He literally carries a gun and kills people without hesitation." Chishiya snapped back. "I would be afraid to be near him if i had that annoying attitude of yours."

Aya felt her face heating up, Chishiya's remarks putting her on edge. "But you're not me , so you can't change that."

"Let's see how much time it will take him to-"

"Enough." Kuina slightly raised her voice , making them both silent. "Why are you two bickering out of a sudden?"

Aya sighed and continued walking, not a single word coming out of her mouth. She knew that arguing with Chishiya was pointless to begin with, even more when it came to  completely different point of views - maybe she shouldn't had mentioned the incident with Niragi at all.

"Let's get in." once the three of them  reached Kuina's room, the latter began searching for the key. "I learned some interesting stuff about the newcomer."