✩15

"Oh, hello! Thank you so much for taking care of these kids

"Oh, hello! Thank you so much for taking care of these kids. They won't cause too much trouble and make sure you take them outside sometime before four. They like playing at the park."

"Will do, sir," Jungwon assured him. "I hope you guys have a fun date tonight!"

They greeted their goodbyes and left the house.

Both Damin and Jungwon just stood there as 5 kids looked at them. They were all scattered across the living room doing their own thing but the way they stared at them made Jungwon slightly intimidated.

One thing was, he wasn't good with kids.

Children didn't like him very much, he discovered. Once, Jungwon had to watch over his baby cousin, and it ended with him dodging several kitchen utensils. The spoons were easy to see coming, but the forks and knives, on the other hand, had him a little nervous.

But he trusted that Damin knew what she was doing. Mr. Sangwoo and his wife just left about a minute ago but the tension was rather awkward.

They were all aged between 3-5. Damin mentally recalled their names and tried to remember who was who.

Donghyun, Insu, Isuel, Hana and Nari.

All they had to do was feed the kids, make sure they don't accidentally kill themselves (or another kid) and bring them to the park.

It was easier said than done.

Having enough of the silence, Damin cleared her throat and spoke up. "Uhh, hello, you guys can call me Damin and this is my friend―"

For a second, the children didn't speak, and Damin and Jungwon just stood there and waited for them to react. They studied the both of them intently, and Jungwon was a second away from just giving up on the conversation.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Iseul asked, eyeing the boy beside her.

Jungwon choked on air while Damin's cheeks heated up. "No! Pfft w-why would you think that."

"Because—"

"Anyways! Let's do something fun." She grinned.

"I wanna build my legos."

"Me too."

"I wanna play barbie."

"I wanna eat."

"I wanna go to the park."

They all said in unison.

Jungwon spoke up, "Uhh, let's all watch a movie together?"

"NO!" They yelled.

"Okay how about we all have lunch right now? Then I'll come to play barbies with you. Jungwon will play legos with both Insu and Donghyun and then we'll go to the park later?"