XXXIX. I Got The Feels

Start from the beginning

Aeri and her friends are popular girls. Think of them as the 'Mean Girls' of the batch - with Aeri being Regina George.

The only difference is that Aeri isn't mean at all. She's a total sweetheart - even if her friends are the rest of the Mean Girls.

"Oh my god these books don't even have pictures." another of her friends said.

She didn't reply to any of their statements. Her eyes and mind were only looking at him - she had a  hyper fixation on the blonde-black-haired boy.

"Who are you even..." friend 1 said as she looked in Aeri's direction.

Friend 1 tapped Friend 2's shoulder, both of them now looking at Levi as well.

"Ummm...why are you looking at him?" Friend 2 asked.

"Isn't that Choi Levi? Cold, anti-social, a bit of a nerd." she added.

What they're trying to say is that he is way different from their friend.

If Levi is a cold and introverted Eboy with the black and white color scheme - Aeri is the exact opposite.

She's a living barbie doll - smiling and talking to everyone while looking pretty in her pink dress.

"Are you sure he's the one you've been talking about lately? He's a bit..." the friend said with furrowed eyebrows

"He's perfect." Aeri said with her heart eyes focused on him.

"Aeri, he's the exact opposite of you. And there are like, way cuter boys than him." 

"Well, that's your opinion." Aeri responded.

Her friend was right though, he is the exact opposite of her - but maybe that's why she's attracted to him. Love is just like magnets - opposites attract.

Everything about him just makes her smile - and she's sure that once they finally get to talk a lot, she'll like him even more.

"Let's go, enough staring at your emo crush that you can't even say hi to."

"You literally can talk to every single boy but him, what is wrong with you?"  the friends say as they pulled her out of her seat and out of the library.

What Aeri didn't notice because of her hyper fixation - is that there is a concave mirror on the top corner of the wall.

That mirror allowed Levi to know that she was looking at him all that time.

"Weird." he said to himself as he looked at the fleeing girls.

At that same moment, the person Levi expected to come to him had already arrived.

"You did buy the chocolate cake right? Because that's Ni-ki's favorite." Minji asked as she waited for Levi to stand up.

"Yeah yeah yeah, you keep reminding me, how can I forget?"

Levi closed his laptop and put it inside his backpack. As the two exited the library in haste, they continued talking.

"I'm so proud of him, he's finally debuting as an idol. But I'm also kind of sad, it means he'll be busy and we'll only see him on TV and social media." Minji expressed.

"It shouldn't matter what you think. This is Ni-ki hyung's dream."

"Geez, can't I be sad we won't see him a lot?"

Levi rolled his eyes in response as he opened the door to his classroom.

He quickly went to his seat and handed Minji the cake box. He also returned her the change of the money she gave him to buy the cake.

"Thanks, Levi. You're a lifesaver." Minji said, ever so grateful to the boy who had spare time to make a quick buy.

She opened the box to double-check the condition of the cake, sighing afterward.

"What? I bought the chocolate one as you asked." Levi said with a confused look.

"Yeah. What I meant by my sigh is that we're eating chocolate. Again. Every time we get together and eat a cake, it's always chocolate."

"Why? What flavor do you want?"

"I don't know. Something fancier than a plain chocolate cake. Maybe a cheesecake." she said, closing the lid of the box.

---

Class is over - well, for Minji at least. She immediately left as soon as her professor said goodbye - her hands holding tight onto Ni-ki's cake.

She walked as fast as she can, not wanting to be late. She and the other boys planned to surprise Ni-ki with a congratulatory cake at the benches outside the cafeteria - the first place where they all met each other as a group.

She rushed down the stairs - almost dropping the cake when someone surprised her.

"AHH!! JUNGWON!!" she screamed. She held the box even tighter than she did moments before.

"Sorry hehe." Jungwon said with a cute laugh.

"You almost made me drop the cake." Minji said, lightly hitting Jungwon's arm.

She looked at him, noticing that he was holding a small box too.

"What's that? Is that for Ni-ki too?"

"Ahh no, this one's actually for you."

Minji looked at him curiously. Why is she suddenly receiving something from him?

"What's it for?" she asked.

Jungwon got Ni-ki's cake and carried it instead, while he gave the slightly smaller box to Minji.

"It's not much. I just thought of giving you something as a thank you. I felt like words can't express how thankful I am, so I bought you a cake." 

"It's a cheesecake."

---

Author's note:

AAAAAAA

EVERYONE SHUT UP AEVI IS HAVING A THING

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlso i just realized i use so many references in this book