CHAPTER 11

"I think I know who Venti might be."

Albedo looked a him,
"Who might Venti be?"

"Barbatos, the Anemo archon," Xiao stated.

Albedo took a moment to think.
"I suppose it's believable that he might be."...

"Achoo!!" Venti sneezed.

Aether looked at the god with a concerned look.
"Did you get a cold or something? Have you been around any cats?"

"No, No, I'm fine.. I just have a feeling someone is talking about me.." Venti says.

Aether gave a puzzled look to Venti, but let the other's statement slide.

"I'll get to sleep, Goodnight Aether," Venti walks to his room.

"Night," the blonde smiles....

Bright green eyes awake greeted with small sunlight.
It seemed to be early.. how peculiar for Venti to wake up at such an early time.

A groan uttered in annoyance.

The bard got up from his ever so comfortable bed and went to change into an outfit for school.

As he finished, humming could be heard from the kitchen. It was most likely Aether.

"Hey, you have nice voice, maybe you should use it someday," Venti teases.

The golden boy turned around with an embarrassed look.
"V-Venti?! Uh, I didn't know you'd be up this early.."

"Hey it's fine," Venti gave a cheeky smile to the blonde.

Aether calms down from his embarrassment.
"I'm surprised you didn't wake up late," he chuckles.

"Heyy, I can be responsible too!" the god pouted.

"We'll see about that, anyways breakfast is ready," Aether says as he sets a plate down in front of Venti.

It smelled delicious as ever.
"Thanks Aether," smiled the archon.

The other smiles back as he turns to get food for himself.

Venti got a taste of the blonde's cooking, his eyes filled with delight.
"Wow this is amazing! Nothing to expect from the almighty traveler," he complimented.

Aether grins,
"I'm glad you like it."
.
.
.
(This is like a brotherly moment, I swear this isn't Venther-)
.
.
.
Soft footsteps tapped onto the concrete sidewalk as a certain archon was humming an old tune a friend had once taught him.

He reached the school entrance with a smile on his face.
Green eyes caught sight of Xiao, excitement rose the split second he saw him.

"Xiao!" Venti exclaims as he hugs the other.

"Oh ho, you two seem rather close," A certain parlor director mischievously giggled.

"Hu Tao, can I talk with Venti in private," Xiao said with a serious tone.
The director looked at Xiao surprised of how serious he was.

"Alright, but you guys better not do anything funny~!" she winked as she left the two alone.

The former yaksha sighed.
He then turned to Venti.

Venti grew nervous, completely oblivious to why he was even feeling nervous.

"Venti, can you meet me later at the end of school? I want to talk to you about something, and.. I might bring a friend," Xiao questions.

"E-eh? Um, okay..?" the bard seemed confused.

"No need to worry, I just want to have a tiny chat." Xiao supposedly 'reassured'.

Venti nods..

(K BITCHES ITS TIME FOR LE DRAMAMA)

Venti catches eye of Xiao and Albedo. They both had serious faces, they were talking to each other.

His heart sank as he saw Albedo, he just knew that something about the past would be brought up.

"Hey guys! So you needed me-?" Venti waves.

"Oh Venti, you've finally arrived," Xiao says.

...

"S-So what did you need me for?" Venti chuckles nervously.
"We just needed an answer to one question," Albedo responds.
"And that would be..?"

"Are you Barbatos?"

END OF CHAPTER 11-
NOPE NOT TODAY

The bard froze at the question asked.
"What do you mean?"

"I think you know by now, no?" Albedo smirks.

"I-I'm sorry, I think you got the whole situation wrong-,"

"What were those pictures of us at your house then?" Xiao interrupted.

Venti's voice hitched,
"I forgot about those.."

"I-I should get going, I need to-,"

"Venti we need an answer, now.," the alchemist sternly stated.

At that moment, Venti lost his composure. He sighed.

"No, I can't answer to your question," dark memories flashed. He thought that he would be happy to let the people he knew know about him.

Like the time he spent with Zhongli, blissful thoughts ran through his mind as he was relieved an old friend had remembered.

But, he felt heartbroken, the only memories he had of them were the times they died. The most traumatizing memories. Memories of the corpses he saw lying lifelessly onto the ground.

He thought he moved on a very long time ago. But, it was just the start of his sorrow. The sorrow he had held for so long. Until he had to face it before his very eyes.

END OF CHAPTER 11

Muahahahahaha >:)

803 words

Published January 27, 2022