CHAPTER 7

"What is it that you wanted Albedo?" Venti nervously smiled.

"Oh, I just wanted to have a tiny chat," Albedo mysteriously answered.

"About what?" Venti chuckled.

"About your friend, Aether," The pale blonde had said.
"What do you need to know about Aether?" The god questioned.

"He seems oddly familiar, that look on your face seems to tell that you know a thing or two," Albedo says ever so straightforwardly.

"Typically Albedo, won't ever stop himself when it's something he's deeply interested in,"

"I-I don't know what you're talking about, ehe," Venti stuttered.

The bluish teal-eyed boy looked at the bard suspiciously.
"I won't push."

"See you, Venti," Albedo waves as he walks away.

The god was confused. Should he be worried? Or just don't mind it. Albedo's smart, knowing that he found out traveler was from another world so easily in the past.

He probably shouldn't act obvious, avoiding him will only make him more curious.
"Let's not think about it too much" Venti finalized.
.
.
"Hey Mr. blockhead!" Venti shouted entering the library that was supposed to be 'quiet'.
The former Geo archon flinched at the sudden yell, he was just peacefully drinking tea.

"Venti? What is the matter at this time?" Zhongli questions as he places his tea cup onto its coaster.

"Nothing~ Just came to relax-!" Venti reasons as he drops onto the chair next to the other.

"Did you always treat Morax like this?"
"Calling him 'blockhead'" Zhongli asked.

The bard chuckles.
"That old fart was sooo boring! Always talking about rocks or some old people things!"

"But aren't you basically old now too?" Zhongli densely emphasized.

The statement triggered Venti.
"I-I suppose I am the oldest person of Teyvat.."

He felt down, he felt like a grandpa.
"Ugh, please don't remind me of my age, it makes me feel old!"

Zhongli looks at Venti's annoyed expression.

He saw him looking at his pinky, so he curiously asked,
"Do you have something on your pinky?"

The bard looks at him.
"I suppose there isn't much to hide anymore," Venti smiles.

Zhongli gives a questioning look at Venti.

"Well, you know about the red string of fate, or at least heard about it?"

The former archon nods.

"Well, since you know the concept, it's all real,"

"Each of us have soulmates."

"We're fated with someone, but not all of us end up with our chosen one," Venti sadly chuckles, thinking about Aether.

"You seem sad, is there a matter with the sort of system?" Zhongli asks.

"Well, I have this friends, let's just say he doesn't have a string, but he loves someone very deeply," Venti looks down.

"I see..."

"It's fine, I have hope for the both of them!" Venti cheers.

"Hey Zhongli!" a voice shouts.

"Oh, Childe, welcome back,"

The ginger waves at Zhongli as catches Venti.
"Who might you be?" Childe questioned.

"Oh, I'm the transfer! The name's Venti!" the bard took out a hand to shake.

Childe accepted and shook his hand.
The two talked to each other quite well, both had kept the same bright energy, accept.. Childe's preferences were a bit... strange..

The two were hushed from being so loud. After the scolding, Venti noticed Childe's and Zhongli's strings were attached.

He smiled warmly. In hopes that they would be together again.

In the past. he'd never saw Zhongli so happy until Childe came into his life.

Childe took his leave out the library. Venti saw the adoring look in Zhongli's eyes as he watched Childe exit.

"You into him?" Venti teased.
A small tint of red shown onto the golden-eyed man.
"I suppose a little," the man looked away from Venti.

Venti grinned,
"I suppose I'll take my leave as well, see ya Blockhead!" the bard waved as he left the place.

Venti hummed walking down the school hallways.
His eyes caught sight of Xiao. His green orbs sparkled.

"Hey Xiao!" Venti shouted as he waved.
Xiao looked to who called his name.
"Venti? What are you doing here so late after school?" Xiao said with confusion plastered on his face.

"I could ask you the same thing! Ehe~" Venti chuckled.

"I was helping the teacher do some errands," the former yaksha sighed.

Venti smiled,
"Follow me Xiao!" Venti gently grabbed his hand and led him to the music room.

Xiao blushed deeply at the sudden touch. His heart beating at an unusual pace.

"V-Venti-," he stuttered.

Venti sat Xiao down as the bard took out a lyre.

The golden-eyed boy was perplexed. Confusion rose.

"You seemed rather stressed, so I wanted to play you a song!" the god grinned.

Xiao felt his heart race. Venti wanted to play a song.. just for him..?
The former adeptus nodded and Venti smiled again at his response.

Joy was radiating off the boy in and out. He sat next to Xiao and started to play.

The feeling of deja vu hit Xiao. Venti closed his eyes and hummed.

The tune felt so familiar although it was his first time listening?

Xiao's tensed body relaxed as he took in slow breaths.

The yaksha admired his voice, the atmosphere felt pure.

At that, a sudden blink of what looked to be a memory flashed in Xiao's eyes.

It caught Xiao off guard as he squinted his eyes.

It looked to be Venti in different clothing. He was dressed in green.

He then heard a broken voice fill his mind,

"I love you Xiao, till the end of time."

END OF CHAPTER 7

Hey! IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING. I couldn't find the motivation to write, and I was hoping to write more, but I ended up pretty brain dead.

I don't ship ChiLi, but I don't mind writing it. If you want any ships in this fanfic, you're free to request! But no Xingyun, I'm surprisingly not the biggest fan of that ship.

This is probably the last chapter of the year!
Thank you for ready my crappy story :,)

-0sManthUsWiN3

1006 words

Published December 29, 2021