"No fever." she smiled. "I'm glad."

I exited the room now, closing the door behind me. "I...er... Benny came to tell me about the bandit's plan, so I've got some new information. The current plan will need to be altered."

"I see." Mujika nodded grimly. "I'll lead you right to Sonju. The battalion captains are here right now, but not for long–"

I nodded. "in the conference room?"

"Yeah–"

I picked up the pace to a jog and made my way to the conference room. Once I arrived, I pushed open the doors and stepped inside. 

"Sonju!" I called. "I've got some information."

Sonju, along with all the captains, turned to look at me.

"Listen, the bandits are planning to attack from the Eastern gate late night tomorrow." I started.

Sonju walked over to me. "Where did you learn of this?"

"A little birdy told me." I grinned.

Sonju hummed drily, and I assumed he was raising an eyebrow under his mask. "You went yourself."

I coughed. "Maybe, but please don't tell Mujika." I chuckled nervously.

 "Anyway, lemmie at the map."

Sonju moved out of the way and I leaned over the map of the capital, splayed across the middle table. "They've got reinforcements. Perhaps 200 strong." I spoke quickly. "The main force is supposed to come from the eastern gate in about 42 hours along with the reinforcements.  An informant from the camp notified me."

"Then we should move all the soldiers to the east–" a captain started, before Sonju interrupted.

"Wait," Sonju raised a hand. " how trustworthy is the information?"

I quirked a smile. "See, that's where it gets complicated. I'm acting... totally on a whim here, but I think the bandit's plan might deviate."

Sonju frowned in thought. "Why?"

"I've... got a few reasons to believe so, but I'm not certain yet. Nevertheless, I think we should spread out the soldiers through the capital, just in case they change it." I rationed.

Sonju's frown deepened. "If you're wrong, and we draw soldiers away from where we need them, citizen lives will be put in danger."

I chewed my lip. "But if I'm right and we don't act on it, even more innocent lives will be put in danger. If they end up coming from the west gate or even the north or south, our rear end will be totally unprotected."

"Like you said, it's on a whim." Sonju repeated my words from earlier. "You're not even sure it will happen."

"Sonju, you of all people should know that I'm not usually wrong about these things, even when it's simple suspicion." I reasoned. "Plus, you know more about army tactics than I do, and I'm sure that–"

"If there's one thing I know about you, Y/N, it's that you overthink." my gut twisted. "Please, if you don't have any more valid information to add, leave the planning to me and go have breakfast with Mujika. I'm sure she'd love that."

My mouth clamped shut, and I tried not to scowl. "I pray for everyone's sake that you won't regret this." I muttered, briskly exiting the room.

As I closed the door behind me, I stared down at the floor in thought. A few minutes passed before a shadow fell over me, and I looked up to a familiar face. "Norris..." I whispered. A wave of guilt overcame me as I remembered my behaviour from last night.