Saving the Prisoner

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The next thing she saw was the prisoner grabbing Evy through the bars and kissing her. "Then get me the hell out of here!" he yelled and was grabbed by the guards, he fought them and punched a few in the gut before he was hit and dragged out of the door. Evy stayed there stunned and her cheeks grew red from embarrassment. Jonathan finally came to but was quietly rubbing his new bump on his face. Rosie stood up and looked at the Warden who had just stepped in. 

"Where are they taking him?" she asked and he smiled, showing off his rotten teeth. 

"Ah well, he is to be hanged" Evy stood up and looked shocked. Their only way to Hamunaptra was to be killed! 

"Apparently he had a very good time," he said in a light tone and then laughed. Walking out of the visitor's area with the three siblings in tow. Evy squeezed through and walked next to the warden. 

"There are no women allowed here," He said. Evy scoffed at his words. 

"I am an English woman," she said and Rosie made a face. That made no sense at all but it was enough for the warden to let them stay. Evy looked nervous and clutched her purse, watching as they led the prisoner to a large deck and put a noose around his neck. There were dozens of men cheering as they prepared to hang him. Rosie poked Evy and whispered in her ear "Barter with him- do it!" she nudged her closer and she stumbled a bit, finally finding her words. 

"I... I will give you one hundred pounds to spare his life." she said and the warden chuckled "I would pay one hundred pounds just to see him hang!" he said and yelled at the hangman to proceed. "Two hundred pounds..." she added and he ignored her. "Three hundred!" she added again, not a glance her way.

The Hangman tightened the noose and grinned "any last words pig?" he asked, and Rick winced and replied "yeah loosen the knot and let me go" he grunted and looked very uncomfortable. The hangman looked confused and looked to the warden. Speaking in Arabic, the Warden and the hangman yell at each other. 

He then spoke in English "Of course, we do not let him go! Proceed!" he said and the hangman shrugged and grabbed the lever to the trap door. Evy looked scared "Five Hundred pounds!" she yelled and this caught the warden's attention. 

"And what else? I am a very lonely man." he trailed a meaty hand to Evy's leg and she smacked it with her purse. Causing all of the men to laugh. This made the Warden angry and he pulled away, calling for them to kill him. 

"No!" Evy yelled and they pulled the lever. Rosie closed her eyes not wanting to see him die. But then she heard a choir of cheers. 

"Ah! His neck did not break! Now we can watch him strangle to death!" he said like it was some sort of treat to watch. It made Rosie sick. Evy was horrified and then caved in. Rosie watched her lean into him and whisper in his ear. Rosie knew what she might have said and crossed her arms. The warden looked shocked. 

"You Lie!" She looked truly offended, "I would never!" she replied and looked to the prisoner occasionally in fear he might die.

 "Are you saying this Filthy godless son of a pig knows where to find The City of the Dead?" he asked and Evy nodded. 

"Yes Yes! And we will give you ten percent if you cut him down!!" she said and he scoffed "fifty percent." he shot back. They argued and then finally came to an agreement.

They cut the prisoner down just before he started to turn purple. Evy sighed in relief and watched him take hard deep breaths and coughing hard. She felt accomplished and proud of herself that she actually saved a man's life. All The poor prisoner could see was Evy Smiling down at him and waving. He groaned and turned over, catching his breath. All the while Rosie watched, glad that he actually did not die. The following hours consisted of them getting escorted out of the prison, Evy talked to the prisoner, learning that his name was Rick O'Connell. They made plans to meet the next day and both parted ways for the night.

While Rosie and her siblings prepared for the trip ahead there was a secret meeting being held at the dear Curators library. The fire flickering shadows across the room. The Curator sat in his study with another man clad in black, wearing a hook for a hand accompanied by two others in similar attire. Both looked incredibly stressed as they sat there. 

"They have to die.." The Curator spoke up. Hook shrugged and said, "They are like the others, they will perish in the desert". The curator shook his head, "No! They have seen too much! They know too much!" he had fear in his eyes as he stood up, pacing the room. 

"Not only do they have the map, but they also have the Key-" Hook looked up in alarm at that piece of information. "What!? They have the Lost key!?" The Curator nodded gravely. 

"Yes... no one has ever gotten this close. We must stop them before they kill us all". he said as he looked into the flames. 

"It will be done, we will find them and retrieve the key, burn the map..but what about the American Expedition?" Hook asked. The Curator rolled his eyes at the mention of them. 

"They do not have a map so they will end up like the others before them". With that, the group also prepared for the next day and what might lie ahead.