Saving the Prisoner

Rosie was quick to react to that question, glaring at him hard. "Broads?" she asked back all the while Evy looked flabbergasted, "well I never!!". 

Jonathan casually smiled and patted their backs, "Oh no they are actually my sisters!". The scraggly-looking man looked unamused and kept looking at Rosie and Evelyn. but then he seemed to stop when he saw Rosie and finally looked at her properly. Rosie looked back at him and then her gaze finally broke and she looked away. 

"Well they aren't a total loss..." he muttered. The warden then excused himself to tend to some other matter. Leaving them all alone with the prisoner and his guards. Rosie was standing there looking at him with a curious gaze. He looked somewhat familiar to her but she could not be sure. Maybe she was just seeing things. The prisoner on the other hand fully knew who she was, he couldn't forget about a woman like her. But just because he was bored as hell he decided to play as he had never seen her before. He wanted to see if she had forgotten about him or simply decided to be a jerk about it and ignore him. Rosie huffed and walked closer to the bars, crouching down to get eye level with him. 

"Look we found your puzzle box and we have come here to ask you about it so could you please-" She was cut off by the prisoner. 

"No". he said and looked at her with a straight face. 

Evy put her hands on her hips and grumbled. "What do you mean no?" she said and then crossed her arms.

 "No...because you came to ask me about Hamunaptra". 

Rosie put her hands on the bars, "look buddy, keep it down. We don't want anyone hearing that". Evy moved near Rosie and looked at the prisoner coyly.

 "How do you know that the box pertains to Hamunaptra?" Her getting closer caused Rosie to scoot over slightly and give her sister a look for getting so close. 

"Um cuz I was there? And that's where I found it". He said and watched the two sisters crouch near him, one drenched in curiosity and the other annoyed by his attitude. 

"You were there? That's hilarious there is no way anyone could get there! My team tried and it was no good. We had to leave halfway through the bloody expedition," Rosie said and grumbled when her words fell on deaf ears. The prisoner then caught a good look at Jonathan and did a double-take. 

"Wait a minute...do I know you?" he pointed at john. John sputtered, putting his hands in his pockets nervously, "well you see uhm-" suddenly the Prisoner stood up, reached through the bars, and punched John straight in the face! Johnathan was out like a light, hitting the floor with a thud.

Rosie checked on him and looked at the welt on her brother's face. She sighed and shook her head. All the while the guards smacked the prisoner on the head hard causing him to get on his knees. He grunted and gave them a nasty look. Evy paid no mind to this and kept talking to the man who just hit her brother. 

"So you really know how to get there? To Hamunaptra?" she asked. The man looked a bit shocked at her reaction, "you know I just decked your brother right?" he asked and raised his right eyebrow. Evy shook her head and shrugged it off, "ah well...I know my brother..." That made him almost smile but he didn't. Not wanting to give away his dry attitude. He caved in a bit by the spark he saw in Evy. 

"Yeah, I was there". Evy smiled and got closer to the bars, "you swear?".  

"every damn day". The tension between the two was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. It made Rosie want to puke. She made a face and looked away, checking on Jonathan. 

"No I mean uh-" He cut her off, "I know what you mean. I was there, alright. Seti's place. The city of the Dead". Just the name of the place gave Rosie chills. Ever since she learned about it she had never liked it. It gave her a bad feeling in her gut. She had wanted to talk Evy out of this and just go back to normal things but seeing how excited this made her sister made her feel bad for wanting to stop this. So she went along to get the answers they needed from this guy. She looked at the two conversing about the City of the Dead and looked into his eyes. They were a beautiful shade of blue that she swore she had seen before. It was foggy but maybe she met the guy before. She sighed inwardly and decided to save it for another day.