4

(Image from: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/8233211826535745/)

Fang was sitting on his bed, lying on his stomach, and scrolling through his phone. Edgar promised he was going to go to his house, but Fang highly doubted it. Knowing that guy, he probably wasn't going to show up at this hour and make some sort of excuse not to show up. After work, all Edgar wanted to do was rush home and enjoy the rest of his night confined to his room. 

After a while, however, Fang heard his doorbell ring. When he opened the door, he was shocked that Edgar actually showed up for once. 

"You're here!" Fang exclaimed, putting a hand on his hips. 

"Yeah, I am," Edgar replied breezily, "What's wrong?"

"Haha, I can't remember the last time you came to my house without me dragging you along..." Fang chuckled, his tone slightly teasing, "Remind me, how many times have you willingly attended a social gathering?"

As Edgar entered Fang's house, he crossed his arms, looking all tired and grouchy. "Well," he retorted, "It's still more than the number of times your auditions have been accepted by a decent film company."

Fang scoffed jokingly, giving Edgar a playful nudge on the arm, "Ouch... harsh."

The two of them went to the living room. It was a bit disorganized since Fang didn't expect Edgar to actually come. "Sorry it's a little messy here, Ed," said Fang apologetically, "I didn't think-" 

"It's no big deal," Edgar interjected quickly, "I've seen worse."

Fang gestured Edgar to sit on his couch next to him, then took out his phone and showed him a photo. Edgar squinted his eyes, "Colette?"

His friend nodded, "She works with you at the gift shop, right?" 

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Edgar asked suspiciously. Was his friend spying on him just to check on his wellbeing? What was Fang up to?

Fang put his phone down, smirking, "Don't worry, I know what you're thinking. I've met her before at Starr Park. She's nice to pretty much everyone."

"Yes. And what about her? We get along fine." Edgar raised an eyebrow. "She's a little too energetic and talkative—even childish, I'd say—but I can deal with her with no problem."

Seemingly pleased with his answer, Fang smiled, "Agreed. She's a special one, isn't she? Rarely anyone has her kind of enthusiasm nowadays, so I find it quite admirable. You should learn a thing or two from her, you know?"

Edgar scratched his face and thought about his first day of work. It was weeks ago, yet he was somehow able to remember. Indeed. She welcomed him with open arms and was chatty, and she tried to stick with him as long as she could. This wasn't a bad thing, though. Perhaps it was one of her ways to show that she truly cares about her others.

"Yup," Edgar replied in a monotone, "She's... really nice, not gonna lie."

"That's Ms. Colette for you," Fang chuckled light-heartedly, "She can be a little crazy and... I guess you can say she sorta lost touch with reality, but other than that... she's so hard to dislike, you know?"

Edgar had to agree with Fang on this one, though he hated to admit it. Colette was one of the most unique, kindest, and gentlest people he had ever met. 

"Earth to Edgar! You there? Hello?!" Fang yelled in annoyance, frowning and waving his hand in front of Edgar's face while the young, black-haired man stared into space.

"Oh, right," Edgar mumbled, shaking his head and snapping back to reality. This was the second time this happened already.

"Anyway, I invited you over so we can play Brawl Stars on our phones-"

"You invited me over... just to play on our phones...? Are you serious right now? You could've just texted me-"

"You butter believe I'm serious! Aha-"

"Whatever... let's go," Edgar scoffed, cutting him off. What a stupid pun...

"I know it won't be as thrilling as brawling in real life, but it's still a great way to pass the time!"

"Speaking of which," Edgar spoke, "Won't there be a brawling event... next week?"

"Oh, yeah. Duo showdown. I'm not signing up though. Gotta shoot a movie that day!"

"...I see. I don't think I'll join too. I'm better at going solo."

"I knew you were going to say that."

"Hmph. What did you expect?"

"You- never mind."