2

(Art not mine!)

If Edgar had to be honest, working at the gift shop wasn't as bad as he thought. He initially assumed working in this sort of establishment would make his anxiety levels rise and cause him to be more sleep-deprived than a college student, but no. He had to admit that he was completely wrong. It wasn't as taxing and stressful as he thought it'd be!

Most of the time, Colette was at the front, serving customers and collecting autographs from brawlers for her scrapbook, while Edgar worked at the back and occasionally went to the front of the store to restock the shelves. That afternoon, a huge number of customers came to the store, so Colette forced Edgar to give her a hand, but after that, it was almost empty. Edgar had already restocked all the shelves; all the customers were gone. They had nothing to do now.

"Hm~" Colette hummed to herself softly, her fingers tapping on the counter as she looked around the store. She was bored out of her mind and had a strong urge to do something to entertain herself. She couldn't stand this boredom any longer! Edgar stood next to her with his usual blank expression on his face. Oh! This is the perfect opportunity to start a conversation! Colette thought to herself gleefully.

"Hey, Edgar?" She squeaked shyly.

"Wha- Yes?" Edgar asked, not as grumpy as before. Despite his temperament, he was beginning to develop a soft side for the young lady due to her somewhat childish yet kind nature, which he found pretty amusing.

Oh, he doesn't seem to be in such a grouchy mood today! Colette thought.

"I'm going to Sakura Spike's for lunch today. It's nearby and... I was wondering if you'd like to join me?" She offered, her eyes sparkling expectantly. Edgar's ears immediately pricked up when he heard her invitation, and he nodded. "Sure, I guess..." But why would she want to... have lunch with me? That's... is she trying to butter me up or something?

"Yay!~" Colette smiled happily, putting her hands together. "Well, it's settled then!"

Edgar remained silent and nodded, trying not to smile. Then, his scarf began acting up and hit him gently on the head, which made Colette burst out laughing. Her laugh and voice, unlike Griff's, were more genuine and adorable. Even he couldn't help but chuckle with her.

~

A few more customers entered the shop either to browse or buy stuff, but other than that, the two of them didn't have much to do. When it was lunch time, they both rushed out of the store and headed to Sakura Spike's.

At the front door, there stood a statue of the restaurant's mascot. Edgar opened the door and waited for Colette to go in first. She gave him a thankful nod and went in, dragging him in as well.

"A table for two, please."

The atmosphere in the restaurant was rather lively and full of happy chatter. Edgar looked around the room and noticed a familiar girl sitting by herself, with nothing but a baseball bat next to her.

"Bibi?!" Colette whisper-shouted, her red eyes sparkling brighter than ever. It was obvious she was trying to resist the urge to yell and jump in excitement.

"Wait, you know Bibi?" Edgar asked in surprise, "That's... unexpected."

Colette giggled, nodding eagerly, "Yeah! She's pretty nice, and chill! I'm gonna go talk to her!"

Before Edgar could even protest, she had already approached Bibi.