Chapter 8 - Motherly Advice

You stood behind the tall counter in Glamrock Gifts, looking out on all of the kids that ran in and out with their parents, throwing fits over stuffed animals and Fizzy Faz. It had been a week since you had started working for Fazbear Entertainment as a cashier at the gift shop in the Mega Pizzaplex, which wasn't the most ideal job ever, but it worked.

You hadn't seen Monty yet though, not for that entire week. If you were being honest, you were somewhat avoiding him, quickly passing in and out of the gift shop and not even bothering to go check out any other areas of the Pizzaplex. You were nervous about confronting him again, after saying 'I love you" and then just leaving. Imagine if he doesn't actually feel the exact same! Maybe he just said he likes you to make you happy! Maybe-

"Hey, you're the new cashier, right?"

You look up, breaking out of your zoned-out state, "Uh, yeah! Sorry I was... thinking."

The girl standing in front of you was pretty, with blonde hair and green eyes. She looked vaguely familiar, then you realized what she was wearing. A security uniform, "It's cool. I'm Vanessa, the night guard. Actually, the Pizzaplex is about to close, so you should uh... probably get going."You stared at her, wide-eyed. That was the security guard that almost caught you when you were with Monty!

"Oh, yeah, probably. I didn't even notice!" You said, starting to gather your stuff. You threw your jacket on, "I'm (Y/n), by the way."

"Cool. I'll close everything up, I'll see you around." She smiled.

You thanked her and walked out of Glamrock Gifts, hurrying to the door to the Pizzaplex. Luckily, it was only 11:30, so you had plenty of time to exit before the security shutters lowered onto them. As you were walking through the lobby, something caught your eye and you turned to look at whatever it was.

You immediately regretted it the moment you turn around. Standing there- for some reason (why isn't he in his greenroom?!)- was the very animatronic you had been avoiding all week. You stared wide-eyed, and he just stared back.

"Uhhh... hey." You said, the tension in the room was like a thick fog, which definitely made things a hundred times more awkward.

"Hey." He responded. You could tell he also felt awkward. He shifted, crossing his arms, "It's been... a while."

"Yeah." You said, "Sorry I've been busy. I was gonna come visit, but..."

He nodded, "Yeah, no, no I totally get it yeah."

You both stood in silence for a good minute before you finally spoke, "The Pizzaplex is closing, I gotta go. Don't wanna get locked in again." You laughed awkwardly, "I'll see you around, okay?"

He nodded, walking off to go do whatever he was doing. You turned and hurried out the door. Oh god, why was that so awkward? The last time you guys saw each other, you never wanted to leave! Maybe he knew I was avoiding him, or maybe he was avoiding me too! Either way, you couldn't help but feel guilty for ignoring him for so long. You did truly care for him, it's not like your feelings just disappeared over that week. You loved him.

You took a deep breath, walking to your old, beat-up car. It used to be your mom's before she got a new one, but it worked just fine. You got into the car, and just sat there for a moment. You thought about Monty. You sat there and thought about him for a long time. You didn't want to keep avoiding him, and never talk to him, or never see him. You felt horrible doing that! But you were scared. Even if he did share the same feelings as you, how were you supposed to tell anybody that you're dating a robot?! You groan in frustration and start the car, pulling out of the Pizzaplex parking lot and driving home.

You pulled into your driveway, quickly getting out of the car and hurrying inside. In the few minutes that it had taken to drive home, it had gotten a million degrees colder and had started snowing. You let out a heavy sigh as you walked into the house, hanging your coat up by the door and slipping off your shoes.

You walked into the kitchen, spotting your mom making dinner, so you sat down at the kitchen table and dramatically sighed again.

She only glanced over at you, "Oh, hey. How was work?" She was making pasta.

"It was okay... I guess." You added the 'I guess' on in a dramatic sense too, making it extremely painfully obvious you wanted her to ask what was wrong.

She smiled, "That's good... is something up?" she asked, sitting down in the chair next to you.

"Well... yeah. There's this... guy." You replied, resting your head on your hand.

Mom gasped, "A guy! Ooohh, is he from work?"

You nodded, "Yeah, and like, I met him the first time I was there at (Cousin)'s birthday party and he was crazy hot and super nice. And I was all like, 'Hey I like you.' and he was like, 'Okay I like you too' and then we like, planned a date and stuff, but then I got scared and started avoiding him and we haven't talked for a week and now everything is awkward. I saw him when I was leaving and it was weird."

Your mom nodded, "That sure is a difficult situation, hun. I'm sorry. Maybe just don't avoid him anymore? Try talking to him or something?" She suggested.

"Maybe, but what if that makes things more awkward, mom?" You frown.

"Well, you'll never know until you actually try talking to him. Who knows? Maybe I'll get to meet him someday!"

You laughed nervously, "Haha... yeah... totally. You'll totally get to meet my real definitely human maybe-boyfriend..."

Your mom didn't seem to notice and went back to cooking.

After a few minutes, dinner was ready and she brought the food to the table. Your mom worked hard, she was a single mother but was successful and honestly living her best life. Go, mom! You and she ate, talking about various things. When dinner was over and cleaned up, you went upstairs and collapsed into bed.

I should talk to Monty tomorrow, you thought, Maybe it will go well?

And with that, you slowly drifted to sleep, nervous about seeing him again. Maybe it won't be as awkward as before, but who knows? You just hoped that you would finally get to spend more time with him.  

A/N: SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!! I was figuring stuff out and exams are coming up and I've just had low motivation for the past few days, but I'm gonna try uploading again!! Love you guysss!!