3 AM

*A/N: NVM I am uploading a chapter tonight lmao also bringing my own personal Monty headcanons up for this chapter so lmk if you wanna hear what they are!!

---------------------------

You woke up suddenly, confused and disoriented. You were back in Monty's room, propped up on the sofa, though you had absolutely no idea how you had gotten there. Your legs, arm, and face hurt, which brought back the horrifying memories of what happened before you blacked out.

You looked down, expecting to see bloody wounds on your body, but instead, you found that your injuries were hastily bandaged. You reached up and felt the scratches on your face, but felt band-aids there instead. Who did all this?

You remembered the figure that had saved you earlier. You remembered the eyes the most. They seemed different than the moon man's. They were purple and seemed to be slightly distorted like there was something over them... like glasses? Wait, Monty had glasses. Purple star-shaped ones, to be exact. Combine this with the fact that the figure had claws- that were just like Monty's- you were pretty sure Monty was the one who saved you. But why? Didn't he say that he wouldn't save you? 

Just then, Monty walked in, seemingly worried, carrying a small paper cup and a bottle of some sort of pills.

"Monty..?" You asked, in a quiet voice, sitting up more.

His head turned towards you, "Oh! You're awake.." 

 You smiled, "Yeah! You sa-" You got up mid-sentence without thinking, putting all of your weight on your injured leg. You yelped, pain shooting through your leg, and you fell flat on your face. You groaned and propped yourself up with your elbows.

Monty quickly set the cup and pills down on his vanity and rushed over, kneeling over you, "Are you okay?" he seemed really concerned.

You just smiled, looking up at him, "Yeah, duh. I just fell. But you saved me!" you steadily got up and pulled him into a big hug. 

He was silent for a moment before pulling away, looking a mix of concerned and angry, "What were you thinking?! You could have died!"

You frowned, "Well, I didn't! It's not my fault that guy came after me! How was I supposed to know that turning off the lights would make him go all crazy!"

"I told you to be careful! You shouldn't have even been in there!" He argued back

"You said I just had to stay out of the staff-only areas! How was I supposed to know that some psychotic moon guy was gonna try to kill me!" 

"I warned you to stay away from the others! As soon as you saw Sun you should've gotten out of there! Now Vanessa's gonna be all mad at me because I destroyed Moon!" 

"Oh well, I'm sorry! If that causes you so much trouble why didn't you just let me die?!"

"Because!"

"Because why, Monty?! Because why?"

He went quiet for a second, staring at the ground. "Because," He said his tone softer than before, "You're the only one here that's nice to me." 

You suddenly didn't feel as angry anymore, you just felt bad, "Really?"

"I mean... yeah." He paused, hesitating, "Roxy ignores me half the time, Chica seems scared of me... even Freddy seems standoff-ish. At least ever since what happened with Bonnie."

You raised an eyebrow, "Who's Bonnie?" 

"He was an old animatronic here. We were hanging out one night and there was... an accident." 

"An accident?" 

"Yeah. I'd rather not talk about it. Long story short, Bonnie isn't here anymore. And everybody blames it on me." 

You couldn't help but feel bad for the guy, you couldn't even imagine how lonely it must get in this big place if nobody talks to you. The room was silent for a second before Monty spoke again.

"Look, I'm..." He hesitated like he was struggling to say something, "...I'm sorry for getting angry. And for talking about all of that stuff."

You lightly placed a hand on his big arm, trying to comfort him, "It's alright, Monty."

The room was once again filled with silence before he picked up the pill bottle, "I got you some pain killers for your leg and stuff. I found them in the first aid station."

"Oh," You smiled, "Thank you." You took the pill bottle and the small cup of water, taking two of the pills. You set the small cup and pill bottle down on his vanity. Your leg only felt like a dull throb, at least when you weren't putting any weight on it, but your arm stung badly. You wished the painkillers would kick in faster.

Monty looked nervous about something. You could tell that he wanted to say something, but both of you stayed quiet.

You, on the other hand, were thinking. You had developed something of a small crush on Monty, even if you guys had only spent a few hours together. I mean, how could you not have a crush on him at this point? He had helped you get out of Gator Golf and helped you find the exit of the Pizzaplex, even though you couldn't get out, it was still nice that he helped. Plus he had just saved you from the scary daycare attendant, and not only that, he patched up your wounds and got you painkillers! It was just a bonus that he was strong and was definitely handsome. Plus it seemed that he genuinely did care about you. 

Suddenly, Monty spoke up, "Hey, (y/n)? Can we talk about something?

"Yeah sure, what is i-" You were interrupted by the sound of light footsteps coming from outside Monty's room. These footsteps definitely belonged to a human. 

Monty looked panicked, then whispered, "It's Vanessa! Quick, hide or she'll see you!"

You also panicked, limping over to the purple curtain that was on the small stage that was in his room. You hid behind it just before the metal door to Monty's room slid open. 

"Monty!" You heard an angry feminine voice scold, "Do you wanna explain to me what happened to the daycare attendant? He was completely cut in half and decapitated!"

You heard Monty scoff, "He was getting on my nerves! What was I supposed to do? He wouldn't leave me alone!" 

"You could have just left the daycare?! You really need to stop breaking stuff! It's getting to be too expensive to replace these things! Get your anger under control!" Vanessa argued.

"What do I care about expenses? It doesn't affect me! I'll break what I want!" 

"Yeah, okay. Break one more robot and you're scrap, buddy. That includes S.T.A.F.F. bots! You're on lockdown for the rest of the night! I better not catch you out of your room." 

"Fine! It's not like I wanted to leave anyway!" 

Vanessa sighed angrily and seemed like she was about to leave before something caught her attention. 

"What is this?" You heard the rattle of the pill bottle as she picked it up, "Pills? And water? Why do you need these in your room?" 

"I don't know. I didn't even know they were there! Somebody must've brought them in while I was gone." 

Vanessa sighed, "That better be what happened, if I find out you're hiding somebody in here, it's over for you." 

You heard the metal door open again and her angry footsteps walk away from the room. After a minute, Monty said, "It's safe to come out now." 

You moved out from the curtain, walking over to Monty, "Man, you were right, Vanessa does not seem friendly."

He chuckled, "Yeah. She's always like that. She took your pills, by the way. Sorry." 

You smiled, "It's fine. Now, what did you want to talk about earlier?"