~fourty five~

not proofread

-kinda just a cringe filler chapter..?-

Jisung woke up the morning, dreading to walk out of his room. He knew Chan was awake due to the fact that he heard footsteps pacing around the house and as much as he missed Chan, he was scared to have a conversation with him.

He however also couldn't spend the entire day in his room. Not only did he promise Chan that he would talk to him but they also had an interview later today so he really had no choice.

He sighed and finally got out of his bed. He knew his face was swollen due to Minho making him cry last night which he knew Chan was going to notice immedietly since he always did. He had always been self-cautious and actually speaking to someone about it for once made him have a bit of a mental breakdown.

Somehow he felt better about it today though. Minho's sweet messages ran through his mind as he glanced in the mirror. He still definitely didn't think he was attractive at all compared to Chan or Changbin but he was trying to not compare himself and instead listen to Minho.

He sighed one more time before opening his door and walked out of his room with Chan already looking up at him with hopeful eyes.

"Good morning." Chan greeted as Jisung took a seat next to him on their couch.

"Good morning," Jisung replied and started tapping his foot on the ground which was a nervous habit he didn't know existed until he started having to be on camera more often.

"I'm really sorry," Chan spoke up although he wasn't entirely sure where to go from there.

"It's okay. It's not like you can control your feelings. I overreacted so I'm sorry for ignoring you and avoiding you for over a week." Jisung said rather quickly, another nervous habit that only Chan had ever picked up on.

"Sung calm down, if it makes you that uncomfortable then let's just forget all about it okay?"

"Can I hug you?" Jisung questioned, wanting some sort of physical comfort as usual but along with that, he simply missed Chan's hugs. He was scared he was never going to receive one again.

"Of course." Chan smiled softly and wrapped his arms around Jisung, pulling him closer and resting his head on top of Jisung's. "You don't have to ask permission for stuff like that."

"I don't want things to be any different than how they were before," Jisung mumbled, holding on tightly to his friend as if he could disappear at any moment.

"I'm not gonna act any different around you if you don't want me to. I'm sorry I took things too far. It was just getting a bit overwhelming and I kept trying to tell myself that you possibly felt the same way."

"I'm sorry, I love you so much but-"

"I already know you don't feel the same way." Chan cut him off, almost as if he weren't ready to hear those words out loud yet. "As you said, it's not like you can control your feelings."

After that, they both stayed silent for a while. They were both aware that they had missed each other and there wasn't much else for them to say about it so the silence was comfortable. The silence was speaking better than either of them could at the moment. It was reassuring. Nothing was messed up for them. Chan might be upset for a while but at least he knew he would always have Jisung as a friend.

Jisung stayed still leaning onto Chan's chest as the older had his hands wrapped around his waist.

Chan was fighting the urge to kiss him on his head which would usually be fine but he didn't want to do anything to make Jisung uncomfortable now that he was aware of Chan's feelings for him. So he fought that urge.

Instead, he watched Jisung mindlessly play with his hand and tried to appreciate that he hadn't lost Jisung completely.

"Sung, how are things with Minho?" Chan questioned although he wasn't sure if he was mentally prepared for the answer... I have to get over him somehow, right?

"Has Bin told you anything?" Jisung asked in response, unaware if Chan even knew that he had actually met their cute fanboy.

"No, why?"

"Oh," Jisung replied with an awkward laugh.

"I won't get mad at you. I was only being so overprotective because I was jealous. I should trust your opinion in people since you guys trusted mine. I know I don't have any sort of chance with you anyway so I should support you." Chan explained although he couldn't help but feel a small pain in his chest area as the words left his mouth.

"I met Minho...I went to his apartment yesterday and I met his cats, I sang a song to him, he cooked us food, and we watched a movie."

"You went on a date." Chan summarized aloud and felt his heart melt as Jisung giggled softly, recalling some of the sweet moments with Minho the previous day.

"Have you been okay?" Jisung questioned, looking up at Chan from his spot on his chest, wanting to look at him in case he lied about something. Chan would avoid eye contact at all cost if he was lying about something which is something Jisung had learned over the past couple of years.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine as long as you are happy," Chan answered honestly despite how cringe it sounded.

Jisung held his pinky up to Chan who looked at him weirdly in response.

"What?"

"I want to make a promise to you," Jisung explained with a pout.

"Well, can you tell me what it is before I agree to it?"

"No cause then you won't agree to it."

"Fine," Chan responded without having to have anything to convince him besides Jisung's eyes as he enlaced his pinky with Jisung's, "what are you promising me?"

"I'm gonna help you move on...I'm gonna help you find someone 100 times better than me."

"That person doesn't exist but you can try if it will make you feel any better...You'll always be the most important person to me no matter what though."

"You'll always be important to me too," Jisung said, showing a small smile.

"I love you." Chan blurted out.

"I love you too."

They both meant it in different ways, for now. But that was fine. They were just happy to have each other back.