Twenty-nine

Evangeline's POV
10 minutes earlier

I hear Jody and Claire rumbling in the kitchen and decide to go and help them. But like always, Jody is already almost done. She is like a professional in the kitchen. I'm glad she showed me a lot throughout the last weeks I spent under her roof. I almost feel like a complete human being. I do understand a lot more phrases and humor now. Even irony isn't a secret to me anymore. The women here also managed to get me out of the spell of depression. The first week, I just laid in bed and cried most of the time. Alex and Claire always came by with ice, chocolate and movies to watch. When I think of the first time I met Claire, I never guessed she could be empathic. She even said I'm a little bit like a sister. My heart beamed in heat hearing that because  I never got a compliment like that before.
Now we are eating lunch. Jody made a few quick noodles with a delicious sauce. Alex is working again. She mostly does double shifts, she is saving money for a vacation with her boyfriend.
Jody, Claire and I enjoy the food and talk about this and that. We clear the table and I go back to the living room.
On my way through the hall, I see an envelope on the floor.
"Jody?"
"Yeah?" her head pops out of the kitchen.
"Does the mailman deliver to your door?"
"No, why?"
"Because there is a letter here on the floor." I pick it up and read my name on the paper.
Claire comes to me, looking over my shoulder.
"It's for you?!" she says," open it."
"Who would write to me? I don't know anyone."
Then Jody joins us:" You do." She hands me a cardigan," here, go outside and read it in peace."
I'm confused, but she smiles at me and almost shoves me out of the door. I peek around, but no one is there. I sit down and open the envelope.
Dear Sunshine
It's been a few weeks since I last saw your beautiful face, and let me say, hell was easier than being away from you. The morning I sent you away broke my heart. As brutal of a decision it was, I want you to know, I thought it was the safest option. If anything were to happen to you, I could have never forgiven myself.
I can't lie, life has been tough recently. And I concluded, I need you by my side. I'm in desperate need of a hug from my special girl. There is, and never was, nothing better than holding you in my arms and breathing your scent. Nothing could ever calm my nerves as you did.
The bunker was cold and empty without you. Sitting here, seeing you reading this, I fight with all my might not interrupt you.
We haven't been apart since the day we met in heaven and all I could dream about was your gorgeous body. I miss watching you walk around the bunker in the clothes you stole from my dresser.  I hated seeing you leave, but I love to watch you walk away. Especially when I caught you making coffee and I sneaked behind you, making you startle.
I spent hours in the Impala today. Each time I glanced in the mirror to the back seat, the memory of you hit me, you slightly trying to sing along to the songs on Sam's phone.
I know I'm not an easy person, but you were always patient with me. You even stuck with me after knowing what I have done and that means more to me than you will maybe ever know. You are my anchor and my light. You made me do things I never did, say things I never said.
Please, let me take you back in a warm embrace and let me call you mine again.
All my love
Dean

I let the paper sink to my lap and I wipe away the tears that are floating over my face.
I stare into the distance, trying to process Dean's words.
Sam finally told him, I'm still here. For how long did Dean know? The words on this paper make my stomach tingle and I feel my heart beating faster than before the letter. How bad I wish him here right now.
Suddenly I see a movement and a man comes down the little path to Jody's door. Slowly I get up from my spot and take a few steps. I need a second to realize who he is.
I step down the porch, and when my feet hit the ground, I start running, seeing Dean doing the same.
Meeting in the middle, he catches me when I leap into his arms and he sinks to his knees. His arms hold me so strong around my waist and he buries his face in the crotch of my neck. My arms are lying on his shoulders and when I inhale him again, the tears start to float. I can't help but sob, relieved and overjoyed.
His hands grab my head gently, making me look at him. Dean searches for my eyes and wipes away the tears, but new ones still stream down my cheeks.
His thumbs still caressing my skin, we lean into each other, so our lips meet. It feels so good to kiss him again. Eager and hungry, we devour each other, still on the ground in the middle of Jody's front yard. After what feels like an eternity, Dean softly moves away. His palms still cover my face when he looks at me again.
"I'm sorry, so sorry." He whispers and I can see his eyes welled with tears too. He tries to blink them away, but instead, they are dropping down his face. "Tell me, it's not too late?!"
I shake my head, too overwhelmed to say something. Instead, I press my lips against his again. I feel Dean backing away and with closed eyes, he leans his forehead against mine and whispers so quietly, I can barely hear him:" I love you, Sunshine."
I smile and wait for him to open his eyes. I see his eyes flickering nervously between my eyes until I finally repeat his words: "I love you too."
Relieved, his lips curve into a smile. I feel how anxious he was and in the second I reply, a wave of alleviation shoots through him.
"Do you..." he starts," do you want to come home?"
"Nothing more than that," I answer and once more, he kisses me. His lips travel to my ears, which makes me giggle. I missed him mocking me like that.
"I missed that giggle," he whiffs against my skin," let me bring you home right now."
"I can not just disappear. Jody was so friendly towards me, I need to say goodbye. And grab my belongings."
He nods:" Of course. I'm just a little selfish, I want you for myself."
"And I can't wait for that, but still, Jody is my friend."
I get up from Dean's lap, offering him my hand. He grabs it and intertwines our fingers. I turn and to my surprise, I see Jody and Claire standing at the porch. When we arrive there, I ask:" How long have you been standing there?"
"Quite a while," Jody chuckles," come inside, it's cold."
Claire grins at me and when we pass her to get inside, she punches Dean's arm so hard, he almost yells out:" Hey, what was that for?"
She glares at him:" I swear Dean if you ever do shit like that again to my sister, I will personally hunt you down and kill you. Twice, just to make sure."
Dean chuckles and hugs her:" I never expected anything less from you." and Claire hugs him back.
I see a suitcase in front of the stairs and Jody says:" Claire packed your stuff."
"Claire, you want to get rid of me?" I ask, with fake surprise in my voice.
"Yeah, you are annoying as shit." Claire answers with her arms crossed over her chest.
I huff and reply:" I love you too, Claire."
Jody gives Dean a small package and says:" It's pie. And Eve made them."
He looks at me and smiles:" Hell yeah, two of my favorite things."
Jody shakes her head and whispers:" I can only confirm what Claire said. Do shit like that again and you are a dead man." she raises an eyebrow to verify her words.
"Ok, ok, I got it. But I can promise, it will never happen again."
"Good for you," Jody claps his arm," and now, get out of my house. I bet you two have a few things to catch up on."
"You wouldn't lose that bet." Dean answers grinning and Jody rolls her eyes at him:" Nope, that's nothing I want to hear about." and she starts shoving Dean to the door.
I hug her and Claire and thank them for everything they have done for me. "I will never forget that."
"Every time, Darling. But now go, he is waiting for you."
We take a look outside, Dean is standing in the front yard already, in one hand the package with the pie, my luggage in the other. Once more, I hug Jody and then I jump outside. I clink my arm into Dean's and with one last look and a wave, we load the stuff in the impala. When we pass the house, Jody and Claire are still standing at the porch, waving us goodbye.
Like nothing ever happened, he lays his palm on my upper leg and I place my palm above. I missed the tingling feeling this movement gave me every time. We sit in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying the presence of the other, until Dean drives up to a hotel.
"What are you up to?" I ask him, observing the building. It's not the usual road motel we usually spend the nights in.
"I will not drive half a day with you in a car. At least not until I had you all for me in bed. Naked." he side-eyes me and I see the grin on his lips.
"Oh." I whiff and heat storms from the middle of my body right to my head.
"You are blushing." Dean chuckles and parks the car. He hops out, gets my suitcase and helps me out of the vehicle. Hand in hand, we go inside. I look at our fingers and recognize, we have never done that before and I'm more than happy about this gesture.
Dean books a room and with the elevator, we get up high on the seventh floor. He opens the door and I rush to the window to have a look from above over the city.
"It's almost like in heaven, not just that high," I state and when I turn around, Dean is already so close, he is hovering over me. I see so much warmth in his eyes, it is almost like words fail me. He places his palms on my cheeks and asks softly:" Do you even know how lovable you are?"
I make a fake thinking face and answer:" Yeah, but you can tell me anyway." and I giggle about his baffled look.
"Oh, Misses got cheeky over the last few weeks, huh?" And he grabs me bridal style and carries me to the bed. Gently he leaves me down to the floor and starts stroking my face. I look up to him, place my palms on his chest and stretch a little higher. He leans in and we kiss. First, carefully, Dean's tongue glides over my lips as he wants to ask for permission again. Willingly I open my lips a little, so the tips of our tongues can meet and recognize each other again. As soon as they meet most slightly, Dean's arms grab me tighter, pressing me to his body. The kiss gets more and intense, our movements more rapid. I feel Dean's palms roaming over my back and through my hair. Shortly later, I break the kiss, leaning against Dean's chest. I breathe heavily and hear Dean rumbling:" Seems like you unlearned to keep up with me." and chuckles.
I look at him and shake my head:" Don't think so."
"You sure?"
"Yeah, let me show you."
And I start to pull his shirt out of his jeans and help him out of it. He snickers when I let my fingertips glider over his bare skin. I adore the sight of him so much and damn, I have missed it. Once more, I pull him down to me, capturing his lips, while my fingers drift from his arms to his head. Dean makes me bend backward and his lips trace towards my ear. Gently his teeth graze over the skin of my earlobe. I giggle like I always did. It's a sensitive spot for me.
"Hmmm," Dean mumbles," I know I repeat myself, but I missed your giggle." and he goes on, consuming me.
My hands glide down on him again, opening his jeans to let my palm slip into. I feel his bulge, hard and thick and I stroke the spot gently. I hear Dean moaning and he stops kissing me. His eyes search mine and I stop touching him.
"No, don't stop," he whispers before we kiss again. I try to spin us around and I'm glad Dean let me do this. I back away and shove him to the bed. He sits down, looking at me while I get rid of my shirt. Slowly I open my bra and let it glide over my arms. I lock gaze with Dean, but his eyes only last a second. He glances over my skin and licks his lips. He then shoves a finger in the hem of my pants and pulls me towards him. He makes eye contact with me again and simultaneously, he yanks me onto his lap. I straddle him and he holds me around my waist and makes me lean back while he places his lips on my breast. I feel his tongue gliding over my nipple, making it stiff. I moan quietly, holding myself onto his head. His palms are lying flat on my back and I clutch his shoulders.
I get off his lap, stripping down my pants. Dean observes me and before he can grab me again, I offer him my hand. He takes it and gets up from the bed. With a tight grip and one move, I shove down his jeans and boxers. I kneel in front of him, glancing up to his face. I see him gulping hard, waiting for me to do something. But instead, I push him to the bed once more, making him lie flat on his back. I crawl over him and place my hands beside his head. I lean down, kissing him short and hard before I wander down with my lips and tongue. I kiss my way down his throat, chest and stomach. Arriving right over his erection, I stop shortly, glancing back at him. His fingers drive through my hair and slowly, I lean back down, gliding my tongue over his shaft. Dean hisses and he twitches under the touch. I'm glad I can make him enjoy this and little by little, I take him between my lips.