Until Next Time [40] (FINALE)

Start from the beginning

Y/N: Nothing. I'm gonna get going now. See you later, Lady Shinobu!

I left the room and headed through the halls. If I was going to find Aoi, Kiyo, Naho, or Sumi, it would most likely be outside, in one of the laundry rooms, in a Patient room, or in the kitchen. Luckily, upon entering the dining room, I found Aoi. I walked into the room and proceeded to go over to a table where Aoi sat.

**What's she doing?**

I sat across from her. She had her head down on the table and looked like she was going to fall asleep. She looked up when I sat down.

Y/N: Don't mind me, go ahead and sleep.

Aoi: While you just watch me..?

Y/N: Sorry, the other tables are taken.

Nobody was even there aside from me and Aoi. I was just teasing her.

Aoi: Well, what do you need?

Y/N: It's nothing, really. I'm leaving soon, though, so I just wanted to see everybody.

Aoi: You're leaving?

Y/N: I'm going after Tengen. Believe it or not, I don't really trust him and the others to get along too well... Speaking of, are you doing okay?

Aoi looked down at the table. She had that look on her face that she got whenever she was preparing to criticize herself.

Y/N: You're not a burden if that's what you were about to say...

Aoi: I wasn't. I was just thinking about what would've happened if you all didn't show up.

Y/N: I'm glad we made it.

Aoi: Me too.

She stared at me silently.

Y/N: Hm..?

Aoi: Nothing, I'm just thinking...

Y/N: What about?

Aoi: So much has happened since you first came here, but you're always there. Always in the right place at the right time.

Y/N: I try. It's the least I can do to repay the hospitality.

Aoi: It isn't about repaying any debt, is it?

Y/N: What do you mean by that?

Aoi: You're too caring for your own good. Putting other people before yourself is dangerous, you know.

Y/N: Being a Slayer, I'm prepared to die. Other people aren't so ready, so I have to do what I can to protect them.

Aoi: Same with me. It's the reason I took a job here at the Butterfly Mansion rather than resigning altogether.

Y/N: I like that way of thinking.

Aoi: Of course you do... They're your words, not mine.

Y/N: Heck yeah they are. But where's all this coming from?

Aoi: You won't be coming back for a while, will you?

I don't know how she knew, but she was correct.

Y/N: Yeah... How'd you know?

Aoi: I can see that look in your eyes.

Y/N: With Kyojuro's passing, I'm likely going to be called to do more in his stead. I anticipate that I'll be moving around a lot.

Aoi: Well there's your answer then. Forbid something happens to you on your mission, you won't be back here for a while. That's why I thought I'd just say what's on my mind.