Tengen Uzui [39]

A few months is all it took for all of us to push ourselves. Zenitsu was powerful, but he worked on his confidence so he could stand up against enemies. Inosuke simply furthered his physical training. Tanjiro pushed himself to master a Breathing technique called the Hinokami Kagura Dance. Nezuko slept a lot, but apparently, she grew stronger through sleeping. Mikio continued to train under me and even got to spar with Kanao often. Shinobu spent a lot of time developing more powerful poisons. I, like Inosuke, just trained my physical strength, agility, and skill. I also tried to figure out a way to use Gravity Breathing Fourth Form: Newton's Domain, but incorporate my sword into it so I could use it more effectively. Every time I tried, it felt like my body was ripping apart.

**I'm working on it...**

 Regardless of the route they took, we all worked to become stronger. Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu were all off on their own solo missions. I had left Mikio back at the Butterfly Mansion to train with the girls while I returned to my master's home once more.

**Nobody's here still...**

I'd returned here to master's home once before when I left the Butterfly Mansion the first time. He was not there when I arrived, so I left. I thought that he may have been there now, but I was wrong.

**Where did you go, Izanagi? I know you said I wouldn't be able to see you again, but you could've at least left a note...**

I looked around the home. It was in surprisingly good condition despite it having been seemingly vacant for years on end. While looking around, I came across Izanagi's sheath. He no longer had a sword because he melted it down to make mine, but the sheath remained.

Y/N: I couldn't be here without you, Izanagi. Thank you, master.

I decided not to move his sheath. The house was like a museum of memories now, and I didn't want to move anything out of place.

???: Hello?

I turned around to see a small old lady had entered the room.

???: What might bring you around here?

Y/N: I'm sorry. I wasn't aware anybody lived here.

???: Oh, no. I do not live here, I'm just an old friend. A caretaker of sorts.

Y/N: A caretaker?

Caretaker: Yes. An old friend of mine once lived here. You look like a Demon Slayer, so I don't feel bad about sharing this.

She sat down.

Caretaker: He took in a young student and said that he trained them in swordsmanship. Long story short, some years back his student left him in search of the Final Selection, I'm sure you know of it.

Y/N: Too well...

Caretaker: Now, after this student of his left, he asked me to take care of his house in case his student ever returned.

Y/N: What happened to this friend..?

Caretaker: He passed away shortly after his student left.

**So Izanagi's gone... I should've assumed as much. Grieve later... Now is not the time.**

Caretaker: See, this friend was very very sick. He only clung to life for the sake of his student. His name was-

Y/N: Izanagi...

Caretaker: Hm? Oh, I see! What a twist of fate that you would end up coming back here. How silly of me to not realize.

Y/N: Yes, I was his student. You've been taking care of this home well. It looks just as fresh as when I lived here.