The Butterfly Girls [15]

The Hashira eventually came out of the house after what felt like days. I was sitting on the ground next to the pond and meditating. I wanted to work on my concentration so that I could enter a focused state quicker.

Shinobu: Yoo-hoo, Y/N!

Shinobu was heading in my direction. I watched as the man with the white hair walked past me to leave. He had an uninterested and annoyed look on his face as he stared at me while walking past. His face and entire body were riddled with scars. He looked battle-worn. Tengen, Gyomei, and Tomioka all walked past me as they left too. Mitsuri was outside of the house talking with Rengoku and Obanai. The boy with the black and turquoise hair walked past me to leave. He didn't even glance at me as his attention was focused on the sky. I stood up as Shinobu approached.

Shinobu: Are you able to walk?

Y/N: Yeah, I can move.

Shinobu: My home isn't too far. You'll be coming with me, remember?

Y/N: Yeah I didn't forget.

Rengoku stopped over to say goodbye before leaving.

Rengoku: Y/N, until we meet again! Mitsuri told me about you, so I know your condition now. But if you ever change your mind, become my Tsuguko! I'll train you well!

Y/N: I'll consider taking you up on that offer, Rengoku-San.

He smiled and bowed as he headed off. Most everyone had left except for Mitsuri and Obanai who were talking off in the distance.

Shinobu: I've been meaning to tell you, Y/N.

Y/N: Yeah?

Shinobu pointed to my back. I thought she was pointing to my sword, but it was to the sheathing.

Shinobu: The weight of your sword combined with the structure of your holster is putting unnecessary strain on your shoulder.

Y/N: It is? I didn't even think about that.

Shinobu: Well, I have been studying medicine and the body for a while now.

**Tesla would love talking to Shinobu about medicine and stuff. I hope her and Jazz are doing fine right now.**

Shinobu: We'll work on that another time. The most important thing for you right now is just to rest.

Mitsuri and Obanai came over.

Mitsuri: Oh, Y/N, this is Obanai, the one I wanted to introduce you to.

Y/N: Oh is this the one who sent you that note?

Mitsuri: Mhm!

I stuck out my hand to Obanai to shake it and greet him. He hesitated and gave me a death stare before taking a peek over at Mitsuri who was smiling widely. He looked back and me and took my hand, shaking it. I couldn't see his face, but everything about his posture let me know that something I did or was doing, was annoying him.

Obanai: Obanai Iguro. Now, if you will, I have places to be.

He turned and bowed to Mitsuri and Shinobu. He turned and headed out.

Mitsuri: Bye, Iguro!

Shinobu: Bye-bye.

Now it was just me, Shinobu, and Mitsuri.

Shinobu: We can head out now. The sooner we get back, the sooner we can get you on the path to recovery.

Mitsuri: One second Shinobu, can I have a moment with Y/N?

Shinobu: Sure, sure. Just come over here when you're done, Y/N.

Y/N: Alright.

Shinobu walked off in a different direction than all of the Hashira did.