Jungwon looked at Heeseung, smiling and nodding at him.

"Thank you hyung, but I think I should answer their questions." he said.

"Yes I have an older brother, he works abroad and rarely gets the opportunity to come back home. He had to quit his job and find a new one in Japan because of the incident." Jungwon answered Ni-ki's question.

"No, I am in college already. I continued studying in Japan and graduated from high school there. I plan to continue my collegiate studies here." he added in response to Sunghoon's question.

Jake looked at Jungwon as he answered all the queries. Turns out, Jungwon was handling the situation better than both of them expected.

"Yes. I worked in a convenience store since that was the only place I could work at. But my brother sent us money to help with the expenses." he answered Sunoo's question.

Most of them were satisfied with the answers he gave. Everything made sense to them and they're ready to reunite with Jungwon.

They got up and started walking to Jungwon, ready to give him a welcome back hug.

Jungwon had his mistakes, but they're ready to forgive him and begin their friendship anew.

All but one was ready - Minji had one last question.

She cleared her throat, making everyone stop and look at her.

Jungwon tilted his head, looking curiously at her.

"I have one more question." she said.

Jungwon nodded, ready to answer. He hopes that it's not another question that requires him to make up another lie.

"Why didn't you tell any of us you had to leave? Or why didn't you at least tell us once you got there?" She asked.

It still hurts her that she cared for him - that she spent days, no, months - waiting for him to come back. And he didn't even think about leaving a message.

"We were so worried about you. I get that it was a very important thing - but was it that hard to say something?"

Though Jungwon lied  - there is one thing that remains the same in both the made-up story and the real reason why he left.

Back when he left 2 years ago - he had thought of telling them why he left. But there's a constant thought in his head that hindered him from that.

"I thought that if I had called or messaged, no one would want to talk to me." Jungwon said.

He bit his lip, sighing and making a small smile.

"I only thought about calling a few months after I left. I figured that it would be too late - that everyone is mad at me."

Whether he left because of 'his dad' or he left to protect his friends from his past - he always felt that it was too late. He thought no one would give him a chance.

"Why would we be mad? We wanted to hear from you. We don't care if you couldn't explain right away - we just want to make sure you're fine - that you're alive." Minji replied.

Clearly, Jungwon was wrong.

In his defense, Jungwon did not have many friends growing up. In fact - his only friend back in Japan betrayed him for a girl.

He didn't have anyone.

He's an orphan - turned to a student of an evil organization - turned to a host of a god's soul.

He didn't have meaningful and fruitful relationships with anyone. That's the main reason why he doesn't know how other people act and behave.

"I didn't think about it like that..." Jungwon responded.

Minji and all the other boys smiled at him. "What was he thinking?" they thought. They laughed, approaching him.

Minji walked closer to Jungwon, opening her arms to encase him in a warm embrace.

She hugged him tightly, making sure that he knows just how much they care for him.

All the other boys joined in, hugging and squeezing each other in a big group hug.

Laughter and smiles were captured at this moment. Completeness - a feeling they hadn't experienced as a group in a long time.

Jungwon smiled, he was even a bit teary-eyed.

Today, he learned that his friends aren't what he thinks.

He thought that they'd reject him for what he did, but in the end - the conflict made their friendship even stronger.

He has so much to learn about the real world - and now he knows that he can experience it along with those he considers as his friends.

Everyone dispersed from the hug, but Minji and Jungwon kept hugging for a bit longer.

"Thank you." he said to her.

"For what?" she replied.

"Jake hyung told me you were the one who kept looking for me. And you never stopped caring. Thank you." he smiled.

He felt warm knowing that someone is willing to do that all for him.

And to know that that person was Minji - the person that he had unknown feelings for - makes him feel a bit happier.

"You are my friend, you deserve to be loved and to be cared for."

Jungwon smiled, hugging her one last time before they catch up with the others to eat.

"You deserve to be loved and to be cared for."

Those words kept replaying in Jungwon's head.

What a giddy feeling those words make him feel.

"My my my, someone's in love. Disgusting - but it's good to know my backup plan is working."

---