ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ꜰʟᴏʀᴀ

Start from the beginning

"You can go after you finish your initial training. The watch ain't a funny game, it's dangerous, we lose several members."  The sound of her alarm let her know it was time to resume her research, Clio would be waiting for her. "It's time for me to leave. Take care of yourself and don't do anything stupid."

Clio and Flora had tried to look for the families of the ancients, but their effort was in vain. They drowned in frustration, trapped in a dead-end, until one of the journalist's colleagues mentioned a name: Zygmunt Cheaney.

Everyone involved with journalism in the village heard about the old librarian. Cheaney used to be in charge of the library until the police discovered that he stole all the information he could get about the villagers. A crazy man, that's what the inhabitants call him. 

That crazy librarian was their last hope. Reason why the friends had to drive to his house, passing the woods. 

It was a long journey, they didn't expect less from a man trying to maintain himself secluded. Clio drove them in her car, she didn't have any other option because Flora never liked to drive.

The blond girl insisted that she was a vital part of their journey survival, her job was as important as Clio's, she was the one in charge of the mate

"¿Te podés apurar un poquito con el mate?¡No es un micrófono!"  She complained.

"I'm trying to drive. I can't do both, it's dangerous."

Clio's green eyes shined with anger, it's been only twenty minutes and she already wanted to throw Flora through the window. It wouldn't be a difficult task for the redhead, her strong muscles gave her an advantage.

Miraculously they made it to Mr. Cheaney's house alive. On the farthest border of the woods, a small cabin camouflaged with the environment. The walls were covered in green vines, and the ceiling was used by the birds to leave their nest.

"Who can live here?" asked Clio.

Flora shrugged her shoulders as a response. Both girls were amazed by the cabin. If they didn't know this was Zygmunt's home they would have thought it was abandoned.

The door opened before they knocked. On the other side, an old man waited for them. A grin on his wrinkled face revealed his excitement, his big blue eyes embedded in the silhouettes in front of him.

"Welcome! I love to have new visits!"

Pushed by the man they entered the cabin. The inside was as neglected as the outside. Dust accumulated on every corner, a big pile rested under the small table. Only the wood shelf, full of books, seemed to be clean.

Mr. Cheaney trembled with enthusiasm.

"Please take a seat, I'll bring you something to drink."

Clio was about to deny the offer but Flora stopped her with a threatening look.

"Thanks, you're very nice," said Flora after she took the cup given to her by Zygmunt. She pretended to drink a bit of the suspicious beverage, forcing Clio to do the same by kicking her leg under the table.

"You have a beautiful house, Mr. Cheaney," lied the redhead using her sweet voice.

"Thanks, dear, lately I can't find the time to clean. I'm over the moon about your visit. May I ask your names?"

"We're happy to be here. I'm Flora and this is my friend Clio. We've been told that no one knows about the village more than you and we have some questions." She didn't waste any time, using her charm to convince the man.

He burst into laughter, stomping his hands against the table. The girls had to restrain their bodies to not make a reaction, they feared that he could take it as an offense.

"The village story, I missed talking about it. I'll tell you everything you need to know if you take me with you to the village."

"I thought you wanted to be away from the village," said Clio, tapping her hands against her knees.

No more brightness could be seen in the old man's face.

"That's what they say? I was expelled from the village. And what did I do? Collect information, that's what I did."

Flora took one of the man's hands in hers. His facial expression showed the compassion she learned to fake.

"We're truly sorry about what you had to suffer. You can come with us if you promise to be careful."

The smile returned to Zygmunt's face, "I'm always careful. Anyways, what do you want to know?".

Clio took the opportunity and explained to him their situation. She talked about the information they were able to collect before asking if he knew something about the families of the elders.

"Two of the elders should have a living family if they didn't die while I was here. I know their address," he said proudly.

"This was easier than I thought," whispered Clio, earning a nod from Flora.

"And there's something more that I think could be beneficial for you. At that time someone started a rumor, they said that the angels gave a light to one villager to use as a weapon at the right time. According to them, only those who are worthy would be able to wield it."

A chuckle left Clio's mouth, the idea of an angel leaving a special weapon to defeat demons was hard to believe, but the situation in the village wasn't exactly what you'll call normal.

"I'll go to prepare my things, then. Hope you like games because I love to play some when I travel." Mr. Cheaney disappeared into the door on the left side of the hallway. The girls could hear him sing from there.

"And I thought the trip with you was bad. This is going to be a nightmare," complained Clio, frowning.

Flora still had her gaze stuck on the hallway like her brain forgot how to function for a moment.

"I would be more worried about Stefan's reaction. We're doomed."

Zygmunt Cheaney returned with a gigantic bag in one of his hands and a feather hat in the other, "Let's go my friends!" He screamed.

The Protector's members looked at each other horrified, they were in fact doomed.

What do you think of Mr

What do you think of Mr. Cheaney? Leave a vote to give him a welcome.
As always thanks for your support 💜 You're the best!!