Chapter 5

Ryth woke up without feeling the pain and panic from the night. All she felt now was the fluffy pillow on his head and a soft blanket that keeps herself warm and cozy.

She might not know how many she asked herself yet, she doesn't still know where she is now.

As she gets up from the bed, she felt more relaxed as if she never felt it before.

Am I dreaming?

She recalled what she has done, yet still wouldn't figure out how she get into such a peaceful room. As she walks through the door, Ryth realizes she wasn't wearing the tight jeans and shirt last night, she felt comfy with the soft pajamas and oversize shirt. 

"Nevermind," she whispered and open the door.

At this moment, she ended up seeing Eric sitting at the end part of the table, looking pale and shocked.

"Eric? Are you alright?" she asked, yet no response.

Her eyebrows curved in confusion. As she continues to walk outside the room, that's where her sight saw the whole table, and at the other end, sat a masculine man, crossing his both arms in front of his chest and staring deep into Eric's ocean eyes.

Ryth couldn't help but ooze her confusion right now. She doesn't know what is happening and she felt like everything that happens right now is still sinking deep in her mind.

"Kid's jokes are getting ridiculous these days." the man spoke.

As he turned to his violet eyes, Ryth felt a skip from her heart. Staring on such golden eyes she never saw before feels like drowning through seas of treasure and might. She scanned through him every features full of irritation and annoyance as if sensing the mix of responsible, justice, and mighty strength. A powerful aura that she hadn't encountered other than she's reading in books.

Ryth glance back at Eric who still seems to throw fear on his face. Just what the heck is he scared of?

"You better sit down, princess. This will be a long explanation and story." the man continued.

"I'm sorry, but how do you know I'm from such royalty?" she asked.

"Your father didn't introduce me to you? That cocky brat" he retorted and tsked.

Ryth paused for a moment. "Wait, you know my father?"

"Your father is the main cause of my headache. No mentor could handle him other than me," he added.

I see...

"Then it's nice to meet you. Sir," she spoke through her faded voice.

A chuckle came out from his lips, assuming she still doesn't know who he is.

"As I said, this will be a long explanation and story."

Ryth felt the foam as she sat on the chair, near Eric. She wanted to ask what was going on, yet she just read his eyes full of shame and fear. As her eyes went back to the man, she can't help the awkwardness around the table. She wanted to cut their eyes yet he keeps starring at her.

"Don't be too hard for them, love. You're scaring them."

A sudden voice walk through behind the man, revealing a woman she didn't expect to see right now. Her memories recalled her tragic past. Yet, around her nightmare, a light is raising her away from those.

"You'll be fine, little girl."

"You..."

From her black hair and through her soft voice, Ryth knew she hadn't changed since the last time she saw her.

And she thought she was dead.

"You remember me?" the woman smiled.

She knew she shouldn't dart such rage towards her, Ryth forced herself not to, yet her darkness keeps luring her to such thoughts.

What if they're the ones who took Cayzen away? What if they're just luring them to their traps?

Cold crystal forms through her palms, without her knowing around her darkest thoughts. She could hear voices calling from her, yet reality kicks her back when flames started circling her sight.

"This girl needs to build a lot of patience and control." the man spoke as he holds his fire around her.

Her system snaps as she felt Eric's hand trying to hold her shoulders and through her arms. Her eyes unlit back to its violet hue, staring straight at him in full of uncertain emotions.

"Ryth, are you alright? You have to calm down." he gently spoke.

As the fire fades through thin air, her eyes went back to the woman who never lets her smile fade despite what she just did.

"I'm sorry." Ryth quickly apologized.

"So you remember me."

She slides a small plate of cheesecake and tea in front of Ryth and sat down near the man.

"How is this possible? I blew everything up" Ryth spoke.

"I escape right before you do." the woman replied.

None are heard but the click and thug of tiny mug ooze around their ears for a moment. As Eric shut his tea, his eyes swift through determination towards the man.

"We are looking for someone you might know," he spoke.

His golden eyes just rolled to look at him. "I not might, since I know him."

Her violet eyes widen as Ryth turns her gaze to him. " You know where he is?"

"Before that, I might know your full identity."

Ryth gulped. She thought he knew her already. "Princess Amalliryth of Calliorre. I'm looking for the pr-"

"You know who were the three chosen creatures?"

Another pause from her. "Yes."

"As I said, your father is the cockiest student I have, yet after those, I was offered to join those chosen ones."

For a moment. Ryth thinks about the book she read. The three creatures. And she ate one of them, she fought the other, and...

"Endevour." 

"That was me from the other world."

No way. I can't believe this.

"I was there before tragic arose."

Ryth shrugged her head. She saw the memory, she saw the war. She never saw the lion who breathes fire, fighting against the chaos.

"But, I have never seen you there," Ryth spoke.

"It's my intention not to, or everything would get worse," he replied.

The hollow rooms have a strange air of silent rings around them. Her violet eyes stare deep through the cream colors of cheesecake, as her thoughts sway through her past. She might want to know more, yet her mind swifts through her intentions in the present.

"And be thankful cause I knew who you were looking for."

"You're looking for the demon prince, right?" the woman added.

"Yes," Ryth answered.

"We found him, but we cannot say he's done alright."

For a moment, Ryth felt her heart skip. "What do you mean?"

"We saw him badly wounded from the forest, away from where we are right now. And time flies very fast in mortals, it will be hard for you to pursue him right now."

Bad, it's always very bad after such small good things, that's what Ryth always hated in times of her life, and she practice herself to get used to it. As if nothing gets worse. She's a bad charm.

"There's an event we need to attend. We're taking you too and see if you could fix him." Endevour spoke.