68.

chapter sixty eight | that way
social media + real life

chapter sixty eight | that waysocial media + real life

christmas was typically a happy time of year for most people, including eden harrison, but as the weeks flew by and it got nearer and nearer to the date, it only made her dread the day more

she knew she should've told clay as soon as she got the call, but they weren't talking at the time, then her ep released, then they made up and things were starting to go well. of course then was halloween and george's birthday, so basically time ran away from her.

she confided in george and sapnap in what to do, because she obviously loves it here in florida, but a record deal is massive for an independent artist like herself. the two boys quickly told her to take the opportunity, their reasoning being they'd support her through anything. if it didn't work out, there always a place to stay here. which did make the girl feel a little better, because she decided to take the opportunity before even mentioning anything about it to dream.

she was due to leave in two weeks, her flights pre paid for by the label themselves, only issue was it was a day before her birthday, and three days before christmas.

"clay? is now a bad time to talk?" eden stood in the doorway of his office, his back turned to her as he worked on what looked like coding.

clay turned around in his chair faster than eden could blink, his face filled with concern, "of course not babe, what's wrong? did i do something? does carter need another punch?"

"no no, uh actually its about me." eden stood in front of him, her hands trembling at the same rate her heart was beating. "i got a record deal."

"i'm so proud of you!" clay stood up, wrapping his arms around her small frame, lifting her off the ground as he squeezed her. "you deserve it so, so, so much, i told you you're incredible! oh my god!"

eden stood there in silence, her arms ghosting over his torso, her head listening to his rapid heart beat.

"why don't you seem excited? you should be proud of yourself ness." clay pulled apart from eden just enough to catch her eyes, his hand cupping her cheek.