40.

chapter forty | that way
social media + real life

chapter forty | that waysocial media + real life

"thanks for the good two days guys

"thanks for the good two days guys." eden came into the sight of the four boys in the living room, all repacked and ready to leave back to north carolina and florida.

"thanks for having us e." george hugged the girl, "it was a bit of a surprise i know, but im glad we could all catch up for a bit."

the two shared another hug before george grabbed her shoulders, keeping her in place. "if carter does anything message me okay?" all eden could do was nod, she'd never seen him so serious before, george gave her a small smile before he headed out to the uber.

"bye eden!" karl jumped up to hug her as well, "lets play some jackbox soon yeah?"

"sounds like a plan." she continued to smile at the brunette, "bye karl."

"edennnn," sapnap dragged out, "hope everything gets sorted out with that asshole, you deserve better." he hugged her, cleverly hinting towards dream behind him.

"yeah, hopefully." she sighed, "bye sap."

eden turned to the final person in her living room besides herself, "so i get an actual goodbye this time?" she joked.

"oh." clay stared at his feet, "yeah."

"hey, its okay, im kidding, im sorry." eden walked up to the taller figure, placing her hand on his chest. "come here." she spoke, hands sliding to wrap around his neck to embrace him like they had many times previously.

yet this hug felt different to her compared to the other ones shared between her and clay, even her hugs with the other three couldn't compete.

the others ones were brisk, a quick feeling of warmth before letting go with a smile. this one however, with clays arms crushing her small frame, his cologne filling her nose, their bodies pressed together for longer than anyone elses, it made her heart beat faster.

clays chin rested on her head, "i don't want to leave."

"then don't." she breathed, she couldn't believe what was coming out of her mouth, and before she could even stop herself, she pushed further. "stay. please."