I Won't Lose You Again (OG!Michael Myers x Reader)

A/N: I hope all of you had a good holiday season and New Year! I'm back with another oneshot. This is OG Michael but in line (loosely) with the Halloween 2018/Kills timeline as this takes place during the 1978 flashback scenes in Kills, starting right before Michael walks out of the house and is surrounded. YN and Michael were childhood friends who were separated and they rush to Michael's side after he gets knocked out. The part between asterisks is a flashback/memory. The dashes are timeskips.

-------------‐--

Flashes of red and blue illuminated the walls of your home. It was your childhood home, which you had inherited from your family. The block was filled with the sounds of sirens, shouting, and the occasional gunshot. Lampkin Lane was complete chaos right now and you were starting to get scared.

It was hard to see what was going on from any of your windows. Your curiosity finally got the better of you and you opened your front door and stepped out onto the porch of your home. You had a bit of a better view from this spot, so you tiptoed forward a little bit more. Who or what would cause all of this commotion on Halloween in such a small town? Nothing big has happened since 1963. That was when your childhood best friend did something that no one ever expected. You shook your head and tried to snap out of those memories.

So many police cars and officers all flooded to one spot. Out of one of the cars emerges an older man wearing a tan trenchcoat. He ran toward the front door of the house as the officers all positioned themselves behind their cars and aimed their weapons toward the door. It finally hit you whose house that was. Your best friend's house. The house sat empty for so many years after they took him away. You remember crying and screaming while your family held you back as your friend was dragged off into a vehicle, never to be seen again. You tried many times over the years to ask your parents to see him, but they never would let you. They never even wanted to talk about it.

You wondered who could possibly be inside of the abandoned house. It was obviously serious though if it drew in every cop in town. You snapped out of your daze when a man walked out the front door and stopped at the sidewalk. He was wearing dark blue coveralls and a ghostly white mask with brown hair. You shuddered at the costume. The man in the trenchcoat shouted "Michael! Stay where you are!" The name made your mouth go dry. There's no way it's him. One police officer says to another "It's him. It's Michael Myers." Your heart sank to your stomach. Why is Michael here? Is that really him? Why is he wearing that costume? Why are so many police after him? A plethora of emotions flooded over you and your mind raced with so many questions.

You slowly walked down the stairs of the front of your porch and onto the sidewalk. With each passing moment, you took a few steps closer. At first, you went unnoticed by the officers due to their focus on Michael. He stayed silent the entire time, never making a single noise. One officer cautiously came up behind him and hit the back of his legs with a baton, causing him to drop to his knees. This was followed by a strike against the side of his head. Your eyes grew wide with fear and worry. You didn't know why they were being so rough with him. The officer struck him across the head once more, causing Michael to finally black out and collapse.

Tears began to spill over your cheeks as you watched him hit the ground. The officer grabbed his mask and yanked it off of his head. He was largely face down, but from where you were, you could see much of his face. It really was him, your best friend from so long ago. He had grown up so much, but it was definitely him. Here he was, finally in front of you, and he was being beaten and knocked out. You shouted his name and ran over to his side. Officers started screaming for you to stay back, this was no place for citizens, and that man is dangerous.

"Shut up! He's my friend!" you shouted. You grabbed your unconscious friend and pulled him into your lap and examined his face. His eye was bleeding and badly cut up. "Please, he needs medical attention!" You looked at the officers with pleading eyes. "You really shouldn't be here..." said one man as he reached out to grab your arm. You recoiled away and held onto the man in your lap a little tighter. "Don't touch me!" You shouted at him. Brushing some hair out of Michael's eyes, you said again "He needs an ambulance! Don't you see his eye!? He needs to go to the hospital and all you've done is beat him over the head!"