In The Past(Milk Cookie)

Quiet whimpers were all he could produce, it felt like his voice was being strangled, so it was hard to say anything. The little cookie could only watch as his fellow villagers were being shredded up by those bastardly Cream Wolves, snapped them from limb to limb, and left their crumbled remains scattered on the freezing snow.

The wolves had no interest in eating them, whether this was all in some sadistic fun or to make things easier for them is a mystery, but anyone knows is that the wolves are trying to steal their milk supply.

Some villagers went out to protect the milk supplies, but those cookies were the same cookies whose crumbled bodies were laying on the ground. Some villagers were trying to help the injured ones, but it was a gamble on whether those villagers would get attacked in the process or not. Other villagers hid, and so far they're the ones whose survival chances are the highest.

Among those hiders was young Milk Cookie, he was hiding inside a hollow log, spectating the gruesome battlefield.

He could barely breathe properly, each huff was bursting out of his mouth but with each inhale, it didn't feel as if the air was getting to his lungs.

Although his voice felt strangled, Milk was trying to recite his prayers from both of their village's ceremonies and his parents.

He couldn't speak well, the child was speaking so fast and quietly, but he kept mispronouncing his words, and the tremor in his voice wasn't helping him. But Milk didn't want to start over with each mess-up, he just kept repeating himself each time he finished his prayer.

While he was praying, he smelled smoke from houses that somehow caught ablaze. The cookie could smell the burnt dough from any cookies that are trapped in that building, which made praying even harder to do. The burnt smell was strong and was only getting stronger by the second, the screams from outside weren't helping him either, causing Milk to tremble more than he was before.

Whether Pure Vanilla will protect them from this mess is a gamble on its own, but Milk's optimism didn't allow such thoughts to plague his mind.

Each time he heard what sounded like paws running through the snow, Milk would immediately sit up against the closest woody wall of the rollycake log, and curl up; the little cookie would even use both of his hands to cover his mouth and briefly pause on his breathing until the supposed Cream Wolf would pass by.

Milk Cookie decided to give a little peek outside, but it wasn't at the pack of wolves that were surrounding the Milk Well, it was over at a specific crumbled remains of a cookie that was right outside of the log.

Unfortunately, that cookie used to be a relative of Milk, a father figure actually. Milk was still having a hard time grasping that his father was long dead even after watching the Cream Wolves rip him apart while he was trying to protect his child.

Although seeing him unresponsive with his Healing Milk Mace and Divine Milk Shield either all beaten up, cracked, or shattered, Milk couldn't help but start weeping. It just came without warning.

Unfortunately, even if the weeping wasn't all that loud, it seemed to have caught the attention of one of the biggest Cream Wolves there. Horrified, Milk quickly did what he always does whenever he feels like a Cream Wolf is close by. He was hoping and praying that his prayers gave him the protection the child desired badly.

The large Cream Wolf trotted its way over to the log while emitting a low growl. At its arrival, the wolf went on to examine the log, looking through the little holes that were scattered among the walls of the wood.

Milk Cookie tried his best to stay out of the wolf's line of sight, having to move around every now and then; but, the little cookie was trying his best to be as silent as possible while he was moving.