🤍Part 15🤍

The next week was full of paperwork and healing, mostly for Y/N. Her nose had broken from the fight so that healed the next day after they got home and her bullet wound just finished healing. It was now Wednesday, a week after the fight took place and everyone was taking a much needed vacation. Y/N trained lightly some days but she would mostly hang out with Natasha or Steve, Bucky was still upset with her not listening to him but she knew he would get over it at some point. She still stood up at night to wait for him to come into her room after nightmares, but of course he hadn't, he was too stubborn.

Y/N had woken up from a nightmare of her own tonight, it was something she would get from time to time. It was always the same, Steve and her falling from the sky and crashing into the water, she would feel her body crash and submerge in the water then jolt awake trying to catch her breath. She had finally caught her breath when she looked over at her bed, still no Bucky, annoyed she got out of bed and went to make sure he was okay. Tiptoeing down the hall she made it to his room and saw his light on, she stood at the door and knocked. There was no response so she opened the door, peeking in she saw him sitting back on his bed, drawing. Bucky always loved making art, he would draw anything from flowers to people, mostly Y/N but she didn't know that. She walked in and sat down on the bottom of the bed.

"You know you're supposed to come to me when you're up late." She joked and nudged his foot, without looking up he responded.
"Didn't have a nightmare. No need."
"Oh come on Bucky! Are you seriously still mad at me?"
Closing his art book he put it on the table next to him and got up, he walked to the door and stood there motioning for her to leave.
"Really Buck? What are you 5?" She scoffed.
"Get out Y/N. I don't want to talk."
"Of course not." She shuffled back more and he furrowed his brows.
"What does that mean?"
"It's been a week and you still won't talk to me."
"I've spoken to you!"
She scoffed and stood.
"Oh yeah? My ass you've spoken to me! The last time you said a word to me was you telling me to stay!"
"And did you listen? No! So why waste my breath." Bucky started to become more ticked off and got closer, chest rising and falling.
"I'm not a dog! I needed to be there. It's my job, same as you!"
"You didn't. You needed to listen to me!"
She laughs and walks back to his desk.

"If I wasn't there Steve would've been shot!"
"He would've been fine. We didn't need you there."
She looked at him and snapped, shouting as she got closer.
"Why? Cause i'd pull you down? That's what you said! I'm not some fragile thing, I am a super solider just like you! Just like Steve! I don't need to be hid away from danger, I have spent my entire life trying to prove that I am strong enough even with this crappy serum and you turn and tell me I will pull you down! I saved your asses!" Tears began to well up in her eyes but she blinked them away. Bucky's expression changed but was snapped back to mad.
"You could've gotten hurt, worse than a bullet wound."
"So could've Steve or Sam! Why didn't you tell them to stay away?"
"Because..."
"Because?!"
"BECAUSE IM NOT IN LOVE WITH THEM!" He shouted and she moved back, staring at him.