Jake walks into the room, a bowl in each hand, and sits down besides me. "You haven't found a movie yet?" His shock is clear in his voice. 

     "There is a lot to choose from, it's very overwhelming." I keep my eyes on the screen and continue going from one movie to the next. Jake is silent and lets me continue doing this for a while before I hear him sigh. 

     "There. That's a good. Click on that one." He points at the screen. The movie is called Night at the Museum and looks like it will be okay. "Whew, finally," Jake let's out handing me over my bowl. The delicious frozen dessert starting to melt from my long hunt of finding the perfect movie. 

     We sit beside each other at enjoy our dessert while watching the movie. I let out a small laugh here and there and many times I feel Jake's eyes on me instead of the movie. About half way through I feel Jake shift beside me on the couch as he scoots closer to me, and a second later the warmth of his arm over my shoulders has me leaning into him, breathing in his masculine scent and I feel my wolf stir inside me for a second before she fades again. 

-----

     The next morning we wake up fairly early with Jake rushing me around and pushing a plate of eggs and toast in front of. "Eat, and then we need to go gather the warriors and do a final check of the supplies." He says between mouthfuls.

     By the time we reach the front of the pack house, Jake's beta and a few other men and women, including Dallas, are loading up two cars full of bags and supplies and Jake starts bossing people around. The whole time I stand by his side, feeling awkward not knowing what else I can do and then it is time for them to leave. 

     Jake pulls me to the side away from the crowd of people and wraps me in his arms and I let myself wrap around him as well, my head resting against his chest and I can hear his calming heart beat. "You know I hate to leave you, even if it's only for a day." He whispers. I nod against his chest in response. I do not want him to leave either but I try to calm myself by remembering he will be back before tomorrow morning. "My beta will walk you back to our house, where guards will be outside keeping watch okay? I want you to stay safe, so don't leave the house without one of them." 

     We stand against each other, soaking in each others presence, when a car honks. Jake's arms tighten around me and then he pulls away slightly, to where his arms are still around me but he can now look into my eyes. "Stay safe, I love you." And with that he backs  away fully and starts heading towards the car, taking his warmth and the sparks I feel when we touch with him. 

     The beta walks me back towards the house in silence and leaves me with a slight bow of his head. I look around the empty house feeling the loneliness inside of my chest, before seeing my book I started a few days ago on the table. I pick it up and walk over to the comfy chair beside the couch, tucking my legs under me I open the pages and get lost in the new world. 

     I am startled out of my reading by a large clang coming from the kitchen. I look around the room but do not see anything out of the ordinary. I close my book and raise it up over my head before slowly walking towards the kitchen. As I round the corner my eyes catch sight of a shadow and I launch the book at the person with all my strength and then I dart back behind the wall. I hear the book hit the floor, letting me know it completely missed the target, great. 

     "Sweetie, is that you?" I hear my mother's voice and then footsteps heading towards me. "Oh it is, there you are. I just thought I would make a snack before coming to find you." Her mouth full of the sandwich she made.

     "Find me?" I question, the nerves inside me still yet to have settled down. 

     "Of course. I need you to come with me on a mission." She says like it's plainly obvious. 

     "A mission?" I ask again, not understanding anything she is talking about. 

     "Sometimes I question if you really are my daughter." She mumbles to herself. "We are going to that dirtbags pack and giving him payback for what he has done to us." She then says, speaking louder again with hardening eyes. 

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading my book! What do you think is going to happen next? And does anyone else experience the same problem with finding a movie to watch, because I definitely do. Thank you again for reading this far and supporting my story! My book has picked up in reads recently and it has passed 1 million reads which I am beyond grateful for!

Bye!!!