chapt. 1

Will my nightmares ever stop?

Aera

      "She's a witch! Everybody go inside! She's going to kill all of us!"

I wake up in my bed, hearing loud noises coming from my window. I look at the clock on my nightstand.

It's 8 in the morning.

Who starts arguing at this hour?

Confused, I rub my eyes with my hands to make this blurry vision dissappear and approach the window slowly, still half sleeping.

An old lady and another woman are surrounded by tons of people, as if they were doing something to entertain them.

I try to get a better view of the ladies in the center, but I can't.

What is going on?

"Ma'am, please, let's not start a fight. People are watching..." the other woman says, making small gestures with her hands, trying to calm the lady down.

Hm, what a thing... She sounds like my mom.

Wait...

That is my mom.

I could recognize her violet eyes right from my window.

Her violet eyes... My grandma used to tell me that all witches have violet eyes, and so do I, but my mom always makes me hide them by wearing dark brown contacts so that no one can find out that I am a witch.

But wait, why isn't she wearing them?

What did she do?

"I know damn well what I saw. You tried to use magic on me to steal my money! You are a witch!"

Steal? My mom would never do such thing. And she wouldn't even use magic in public places like she doesn't care.

People start whispering.

I want to get a better view, so I open the window to hear and see the scene more clearly.

"What if she really is a witch?"

"Witches don't exist anymore. They have been completely extinct a long time ago" someone shouts from the crowd.

Extinct? What are we? Animals?

Humans and their hate over powerful beings.

"Shall we tie her up and set her on fire?" the old lady says

Everyone starts gasping, and my heart drops to my stomach. That was definetly unexpected and sudden, which started a lot of controversy in the crowd and people are asking questions.

But the scene of my mom being tied and set on fire makes my head hurt so bad that I can't even describe the pain. I feel like I'm out of breath for a few seconds.

I see my mom looking genuinely scared and she starts backing away slowly.

Mom, what did you do to be in such trouble...