chapter 13

LEON

"How you feeling, man?" Darnell asked, sorrow crossing over his face and I shrugged my shoulders, realizing how this whole situation was being so complicated.

"I don't know." I ran the tip of my tongue across my top teeth and took a loud inhale. I exhaled deeply.

Darnell was practically the only person who took a hint when I gave a sign that I liked my best friend. It only took him a second before he realized.

If I told Connor, he'd freak out. After Connor and I made a deal to not fall in love with our female relatives, I had already broken it when I fell harder in love with Claudia.

I couldn't help myself, but she was just simply the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on. She took my breath away every single day and had never failed to surprise me with her breathtaking looks.

She also had that personality where she looked in herself and not anyone else's. She had proved that she was anywhere but worth everything for just herself. She's amazingly skilled and any guy would be damn lucky to have her.

"I don't want Claudia to be devastated by him. It's clearly most likely that he'll cheat here and she'll get her heart shattered. She deserves so much more." I explained, mumbling as I sloppily ran my hand across my face, I was so tired of this bullshit.

"Matthews cheated on his ex?" Darnell asked, brows furrowed.

I nodded as I hummed. "Yeah. Phoebe told me that her old best friend used to date him for a few months before she found out that he's cheating on her with two women."

Darnell nearly dropped his jaw and mumbled a few sentences under his breath, cursing out some words.

"Clearly, he's been busy." He joked, chuckling. "Does Claudia know about this?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know actually," I replied. I was pretty sure Claudia's been purposely distancing herself away from me lately. Ever since she got closer and closer to Auston.

And when I found out that they started dating, my heart broke. She didn't know how I felt about it or even react to it. I was shocked.

But till this day, there was nothing that I could do. They're in a relationship right now and if he makes her happy, then I'm happy.

Though, I don't think I was ever happy when Claudia was dating someone else other than myself. On the night of our eighth-anniversary celebration, I was about to tell her that I love her.

But it was too late. I couldn't do something about it. As much as I wanted her to be my girlfriend, I didn't want to ruin her relationship with Auston, though they started dating about a few weeks ago.

She was happy with him. And I didn't want to ruin that. She deserved so much better. I so badly wanted to be with her, she was my everything.