Chapter 14

JENNIE

A week had just passed by and nothing was told about the results of the singing competition. The whole school was eager to know who got selected for the next round.

Truthfully, I was a little excited too. I know at first I was scared and I didn't want to be a part of this but now I really want to win. I have always loved singing. I never went for classes or stuff but it's just something that my heart got drawn into. I wish someday I could pursue this as my career as it's something I'm really fond off.

Anyways, today me and Rosé planned to go out for some movie and then have lunch together. We asked Chahee to join too but it seems she is busy with her current boyfriend. Chahee changes her boyfriend faster than I change my jeans. I don't want to bitch or anything but it's just something I don't like about her. She never notices Jisoo who's right in front of her, that girl is crushing on her since so long but I don't know when she'll realize this. All my thoughts get shattered by Rosé's shrill voice, "Excuse me? Were you even listening to what I was talking about?"

"I'm sorry. I spaced out." I said in an apologetic tone.

"That's okay. We have five more minutes before the gates for the movie opens, do you want to buy some popcorn?”

"Yes sure. Add one coke too."

"Can I ask you something?" She said suddenly which took me by surprise because Rosé never speaks in such a serious tone.

"Yes. Go ahead."

"If you really like a person but that person doesn't feel the same way about you. What would you do?"

"I don't know. Maybe try and talk to that person or something."

"What if that person is crushing on some other girl since years? How can you compete that?"

"Who are you talking about Rosé?"

"Just tell me.. What would you do?"

"If you really like that person then fight for your love Rosé. Do something, I mean do anything to make that person love you back."

"So you mean I should do everything possible in my way right? Even if that hurts someone I like?"

"What? I'm really not understanding the point of this conversation. Did something happen?"

"No. It's okay. Thank you Jennie now let's go and watch the movie." Rosé said and made her way towards the gates.

This girl can be really weird at times.

******

Kai: How you doing? 😉

Kai's messaged flashed in my mobile

Me: Good. How about you?

Kai: Great. Did you hear the participants of the singing competition?

Me: Yes I heard few. They were all great. 🙂

Kai: I know. My heart is particularly stuck on Rubyjane. That girl was amazing..I wonder who she is.

Me: She sang the Best Part right? She was pretty good.

Kai: Did you hear Franz's song?