Story

Me and my family have been wandering trying to find a safe and permanent home. The withered have put the world into a panic. Some people have created safe camps were the withered cant access them. We have been to safe camps taking food and supplies to help ourselves. It may seem selfish but in this new world, its every one for themselves. We had to take our thievery somewhere else because one of the managers seen what we were doing.

         We eventually ended up camping out at this new jail-like shelter. They had low security but it was the safest option. We put our things down and got comfortable. As night time came around, the guards locked the doors and sent us to our rooms. As we were sitting there we had gotten an alert that our section of the city would be run over with withers. My dad decided that we needed to leave. We were all on board until the re-realization that it was 4:00 in the morning.

"We move out in 10 minutes, okay" my dad stated

We continued to pack our things. As I walked into my room i see my brother standing on my dresser on the verge of crying.

"Whats wrong?" I quietly whispered

     He slowly pointed towards the bottom of the bed and revealed a wither under the bed. I motioned for him to move quietly and slowly. As he made it out of the room I asked if he had grabbed his bags. He shook his head "no" violently.

      I slowly walked in and tried to grab his bags but the withered snapped its neck at me. Using my foot to violently stomp its head in and hurrying out of the room closing the door behind us. We made a promise not to tell mom and dad. We unlocked the door and ran to the car. We drove off getting weird looks and scared faces from room windows. We drove off not knowing what would happen but we knew we were going to be safe.