Ch. 2 Control

Começar do início

"It's not hard to miss him." Sara smarted off, crossing her arms. "Who could not recognize with how big he is?"

"Me, apparently." You muttered. "I thought he was another guest trying to get away from the party."

"Why were you by yourself?" Abie asked.

"Are you that blind?" Sara followed up.

"Excuse me?"

Sara shrugged. "Its just a question. The mask is a dead giveaway."

"For your information, he had no mask on." You felt insulted, but for being as studious as you said you were, it was a disappointment that you didn't even know who he was.

"And no. We just talked." You replied to Abie. "I was trying to find you two. I couldn't stay in one place."

"So what do you have to worry about?" Sara spoke up, getting off her seat. "Its not like he's going to kill you just for seeing his face. How bad can it be."

Staring at the floor, you cleared your throat. "It might as well have been just that."

"What did you talk about?"

"Something that could get me in a lot of shit."

You explained the conversation that transpired, excluding the flirting between you and Ren. Change in Naboo, a dream that was always out of reach. How you blurted out your thoughts that were dying to be released. The honest truth made your lips tingle in excitement, speaking your mind was a thrilling experience. You felt genuine freedom for once...

"I'm not saying it's bad. It's not good either." Sara sighed, sliding off the couch to the kitchen. "This could mean some difficulties for our precious council."

"I know for sure I'm not completely out of the picture. I'm well part of the problem as well."

"Do not say that!" Sara shouted from the other room, the sound of clanking plates could be heard.

"You are a part of the council, but that does not mean you are a part of the problem." Abie comforted you. "You're trying to solve it."

"Don't take this the wrong way, (Y/n), but if you look at it from an outsider's  perspective, you're just a throwaway." Sara popped her head out. "You probably gave him what he wanted, no ill will there from him to you. Hence, "thrown" out of the way."

Stunned but comforted, you scoffed. "I appreciate the honesty."

"It would be for nothing if you spent all this time fighting back and then saying that you are just like them." Sara came back in, holding a plate of food and placed it in the center coffee table. "And I know you better. Stop it."

"Alright." You finished, picking up a piece of fruit in between your fingers, inspecting it. "I honestly think he was trying to find a reason to invade us."

"What do we have to offer? Resources are low, is there any explanation to vie for a planet with nothing?" Abie said.

"No. There's a reason." You ate the piece of fruit finally, letting the tart taste spread over your tongue. "They know something we don't know about our own home."

"Then we have to get to the bottom of it." Sara sighed, opening up a mini holoscreen on her forearm. "I can pull some strings and get some answers in no time."

"I'll help you, we'll work through the night." Abie said confidently, even giving you a bit of a booster. "There's nothing to worry about. Just keep in mind that we'll always be in your corner. No matter what."

"That's why I chose you both. You always do such a damn good job." You flashed a soft smile at your closest companions, ready to prepare for whatever your newfound "acquaintance" has instore for you. You got up, giving a big stretch and a well-needed yawn. "I need to rest. Wake me if something happens."