1

(Image from: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/372602569179509973/ )

Edgar's eyes opened, blinding rays of sunlight entering his eyes. First day of work, Edgar groaned as thought to himself bitterly as he squinted his eyes. He tossed and turned on his bed for a few moments, covering his face with his blanket, before reluctantly getting up. His mood seemed to be even worse than usual, and he knew it was going to be a tough day.

Once he finished his regular morning routine, he took a look at himself in the mirror again, then put on his scarf, covering part of his face. His mom had already left the house for work and left a note for him on the fridge written with a black marker, wishing him good luck, and she even drew a little smiley face next to it. Edgar sighed, carelessly scrunching it up and tossing it into the bin.

His workplace, fortunately, wasn't too far away from his home, so he simply walked there.

Upon his arrival, Edgar was greeted by his boss, Griff, though the man skipped most of the pleasantries and urged Edgar to quickly start working after giving a few brief instructions.

"Ah, Edgar, is it?" Gosh, his voice sounded kind of obnoxious and annoying.

Edgar nodded and pretended to cough to cover up a scoff, trying his best not to be rude. "Uhm, yes. That's me-"

"Great! It's a pleasure meeting you! You know what to do, right? Just stocking up the shelves, waiting on customers—easy stuff! Alright! Good luck, boy!"

And after Griff said that last sentence, he hurriedly walked out of the gift shop. As Griff left, Edgar rolled his eyes and watched as his boss's silhouette gradually disappeared in the distance.

The young man scanned the gift shop. There was nothing special about it in particular. On the shelves, there were rows of Brawl Stars merchandise: Spike plushies, a plastic version of Jacky's helmet, a regular parasol that looks like Piper's gunbrella, everything! Edgar leaned on the counter, already overwhelmed, despite the fact that he hadn't even begun working yet. No one was currently in the shop. It was still quite early. He sighed to himself, thinking he could have some peace and silence before his shift began. Just then, he heard a soft feminine whisper coming from the back, "Hello?" Startled, he turned around and saw a pair of gorgeous, crimson-red eyes staring at him behind the staff room door.

He raised an eyebrow in curiosity, giving the mysterious girl an awkward wave before turning away and looking out the window as dozens of cars drove past.

The girl opened the door wider and revealed herself. Her hair was a light shade of silver, and she had a fair complexion. She was wearing a red vest and a light blue shirt with very long sleeves, as well as violet pants and dark purple boots. Judging from her attire, Edgar could already guess she was more of the "eccentric" type.

"Are you the new worker? Edgar, right? Nice to meet you! I'm Colette and I'm gonna be your colleague! Oh, and you're a brawler too, if I remember correctly! I've seen you on BrawlTube! Ahhh! You're so amazing!" She gushed in a cheerful, enthusiastic manner. Edgar gave her a curt nod, showing that he at least acknowledged her existence. Colette giggled and continued to speak in the same tone, "Can you give me an autograph? Pretty please?" She whipped out a magenta scrapbook to Edgar's surprise. Did it just... appear out of nowhere? Wow. This girl was... weird, to say the least.

He nodded in agreement and took the pen she was holding, then signed in her book. He had a puzzled frown on his face, but since he covered practically half of his face, Colette didn't notice it. Letting out a delighted squeal, she took the scrapbook from him when he was done. "Thank you," she said gratefully, her tone now more sincere. "Eh... no problem," Edgar replied, turning away once again. He checked a clock hanging on the wall of the shop, realizing the shop was about to open, which meant his first shift was about to begin.

"We're gonna have to work in a few more minutes," he grumbled, pulling on his fingerless gloves. Colette let out a gentle chuckle. "It's going to be fine. It's a pretty relaxing job. Not too much stress, honestly," she reassured him, "There aren't any special events happening right now, so we won't get crazy amounts of customers."

Edgar nodded, uttering a quiet "okay." So what if there WERE special events? Edgar thought to himself and frowned. Colette gave him a friendly smile, "Good. The store is now... open!~"