Seventeen

Really short chapter. I was gonna write a longer one but a lot of things happened 😅

Sometimes Eric liked that he was messed up— He had an excuse to lay in bed all day,
and just watch bad movies and review them knowing full well nobody would read those poorly written tumblr rants. Curled up into thick blankets in the dark with only his laptop and phone and some snacks, this was probably the most comfortable day of his life before reaching puberty.

Because the thing about Eric was... he knew that it wasn't healthy or pretty— He knew he shouldn't of agreed to stay home for a week after the big disappearing thing. He knew a lot of things, very obvious things but at the same time that perfect straight life he tried giving to everyone finally crashed and burned.

Somewhat.

Dramatically— In his head at least.

So he didn't give a fuck, about football or eating or showering or getting out of bed or texting anyone back because by the end of the day he wasn't perfect anymore— He could slack off and laugh about it without worrying anymore and say 'sorry', 'I apologize' like a normal human fucking being. And that's what he loved about depression and the feeling, sure he sometime fantasized about killing himself late at night when his brain repeatedly played all the things he hated most but like his mother always said 'there would always be a good side to every bad situation' and if he had to pay all these good times of relaxation in the peace and quiet with a few haunting thoughts he would do it.

But like he promised his parents— He was now seeking help for all the crazy shit on his mind.

"Honey, you'll be fine. I know, what whatever happens you will be fine." Eric mother said— glancing at the back seat of her car, almost like trying to convince herself but Eric nodded. Mostly for the sake and health of his parents.

"Stop you'll freak him out.." Erics father said.

When Eric finally got home— Well he sat in his car for awhile, for awhile I mean like 40 minutes. Just grabbing the steering wheel until his fist changed to red and then pale and then he would let go and breath— and repeat just thinking how he wanted the conversation to go, what he wanted to leave out and so on. When he finally went into the house both of his parents sat on the couch with a glass of wine and in their nightclothes giving him a lovely yet concerned look.

They had a long talk, mostly with long pauses just listening to the sound of each other's breathing and crying (well more so the mothers crying) not because they wanted to but because they didn't know what to say or how to say it— Eric ended up spilling everything but the main thing that lead him to be this way.

And now here he was— Getting therapy. Even though his parents couldn't spare any extra money they still decided, with the money they could give Eric, a good therapy session. Eric scrolled through the old messages of Callum, The messages weren't very old. Only from this morning during breakfast, The relationship between The two boys was somewhat awkward.

But you couldn't blame them— This whole time Eric thought they had sex that night of the party and he ended up finding out in weird, awkward way over the phone that they didn't but even with that, Callum made sure to check up on him that morning. Starting off the simple conversation with hello and without even realizing it the two boys had been texting each other for almost two hours.

"I love you baby, we will be out here waiting for you when you're done. Miss James is a nice woman, you can tell her anything." Eric mother sighed— Kissing his left cheek and hugging him.

Eric walked into the building nervously— After checking in he sat on one the plastic chairs waiting for his own therapy session to start. There was two other people sitting at the waiting room, A younger man probably around Eric's age with a cast on his left arm and a older man probably in his 30's in a suit like he had just gotten off work or would he going after his session ended.

The waiting room smelled like cleaning products like the workers had just clean up the place or maybe the place was just new— After a few minutes of waiting a woman, in late 30's called out for Eric.

It had began.