5. Reiner

Trigger warning: Harassment and light sexual assault (because it will get a bit further in a future chapter)

While training, my gear suddenly stopped working and I fell to the ground.
"Reiner!"
I was hoping he would get me. Thankfully the big guy was fast enough. hoped he would be fast enough to get me. Thankfully the big guy was it. He grabbed me by my waist, pressed me against himself, while we slowly landed on the ground.

"Are you ok Y/N?", he looked worriedly at me.
I smiled reassuringly at him that I'm fine. "Thanks to you, I'm glad that I wasn't training alone like back then. I'm really glad that you offered me your help when we were trainees.

Reiner's ears turned red. His grip was still firm.
"Don't worry. I'm always here for your protection Y/N." He tucked a loose strand from my ponytail behind my ear.

"Uhm...Reiner?"
"Yes?"
"I'm fine now. Can you please let go of me?"

He cupped my cheek in his right hand and replied: "What if I don't want to release you?"
"Eh?" What is he saying? And why is Reiner looking at me like that? I'm not sure if my heart is thumping so loudly because I'm flustered or scared.

"Y/N...I love you?"
"Eh?!?"
What? What's happening?
"You...You love me?"

The blond guy nodded. "Please. Don't tell me you don't have hidden feelings for me. All our secret training sessions...your pretty smiles at me..."

I tried to sort out my feelings. Reiner was in love with me? Me?!?
"Reiner? I...smile at everyone...this doesn't mean a thing..."
I struggled to get out of his embrace but his grip was really strong and solid.

"But I've heard you girls gossiping about me!" He seemed quite serious. When did we gossip about Reiner like this?
My answer probably took too long so the blond man explained:
"I didn't want to eavesdrop, I just wanted to chat with you but I overheard that you were talking with Historia about a strong, tall, blond man who saved you and your heart was thumping faster than usual."
Wait! Wasn't this conversation about commander Erwin? I definitely told Historia how he saved me on my fifth mission
"You must be mistaken, Reiner. I see you as a good friend but...I haven't thought about much more yet..."

"Yet? So don't give me an answer now and think about it! I will wait for you!"
He finally loosened his grip.
"Let me take a look at your gear. There must be a reason why it didn't work."
"Ah...Yes. Thank you." I let Reiner take a look at my gear. He was always better in maintenance than me so it was quite helpful.

----

In the morning Historia woke me up. "Y/N? It's time to get up!"
Gosh...I couldn't really fall asleep after what happened last night. I never guessed that Reiner had a crush on me? I always thought he had one on Historia!

Sasha gasped: "You look really bad Y/N!"
"Was your late night training a bit more intense than usual?", Ymir grinned and my face instantly flushed at the thought of the love confession.
The tall girl teased me even more now. "Thank the walls. Now he finally won't be pestering my Historia again."
"Wait!" I stumbled out of my bed. "Nothing is clear yet! I never had romantic feelings towards Reiner!"
Ymirs grin got bigger. "Yet? So there is really hope that he won't be pestering my precious Historia!"
While being embarrassed by her girlfriend Historia looked a bit more concerned: "Reiner is really a nice guy and being in a relationship with him seems better than being with someone who is completely outranking you. But the most important part is that you love him and are happy! Alright?"
I smiled thankfully to her. "I know. Thank you." Historia was right. She knew that I had a small crush on commander Erwin for a short time after he saved me, but he is my commander so I talked myself out of it.

----

After thinking about Reiner's love confession, he made some moves on me for a few days. At first it was quite cute. He tried to sit right next to me while eating our meals, he also volunteered to do the same duties as I did. Every time my admirer saw me walking down the floor he would come up and start talking.
But actually it got more overbearing. Every now and then when I started to talk with Jean or the other boys he immediately overtook the conversation and completely ignored them.

After a few days like this I planned to talk to him. As dinner was over I made the resolution that I really need to reject him. I really needed to talk to him now. I couldn't take this anymore. I really cherished him as a friend but nothing more...

"Reiner?"
"Yes Y/N? How can I help you?" The blond guy seemed quite eager that I made the first move today.
I took a deep breath. "Can we talk in private?"
"Of course! How about we go to our training ground? The moon is beautiful tonight."
I nodded. On our way there I prepared myself to reject his proposal. To my surprise Reiner didn't say anything. He appeared rather anticipated and nervous.

At our secret training spot Reiner took his jacket off, placed it on the ground and sat next to it.
He grasped my hand gently and pulled me right next to him.
"Ah...thank you."
"There is no need to thank me Y/N. I will do everything to protect you." The young man was blushing and smiling at me.

Gosh...how should I start turning him down? It wasn't the warmest night but my hand still started to sweat a bit.
I took all my courage and started: "Reiner?"
"Yes?"
"The thing is I...I'm not sure how to say it..." What the...why am I stammering right now? That's so embarrassing. I should make it fast for him and for me.

"You don't have to say it Y/N. I know how you are feeling."
Wait! What?
"You know?"  But why are you smiling then?
He cupped my chin with his right hand and leaned forward. "Yes. Your flushed face is so cute Y/N." And kissed me.
I looked at him with shock. Was this how I'd lose my first kiss? I tried to push him away but it seems that he had misinterpreted my actions again. His left hand wandered behind my head, while he slowly shoved me to the ground.
"Mhm! Rei..." What was Reiner doing? Why am I so weak compared to him? He tried to force my mouth open and advanced his tongue through it. It's really frustrating and scary that a man like him can overpower me even though I know how to fight a titan.
Our lips finally parted. I saw shock in his eyes and tears flowing down my cheeks.
"Y/N? Why are...?" He suddenly broke away and ran his fingers through his hair?
"I'm sorry Y/N. I didn't want to put pressure on and overwhelm you like this. It was your first kiss, wasn't it? And even I forced you into it. I bet you imagined something more romantic? My feelings were just overflowing. I moved too fast, didn't I? You just started to catch feelings for me, right?"

What was going on with him? Shouldn't I be the one to be upset and disgusted? Why was Reiner disgusted with himself? Can I actually turn him down like this? Will he just twist reality again and just pressure me to love him? I felt so much fear right now that I got up and ran away. Luckily the man just kept sitting on the ground.

Before going to my room I wished my tears away, calmed myself down so hopefully nobody realized what just happened. I just had a feeling that Reiner wasn't his usual self.
In my room the others were anticipating my return. They wanted to hear the story but actually I wasn't in the mood to tell them what had happened. I felt their worried looks but neither did they ask nor did I tell them anything.

_______
I actually wrote chapter 6 before this one and still had no antagonist.xD I felt bad making Reiner the bad guy in my story because he is my big boy. While writing this and chapter 8 I was actually happy I made him bad because I love his contradicting personality!x3 Next chapter will be fluffy Erwin!💖