T H I R T Y - T W O

Start from the beginning

"Words?" Carter whispered. "What do you mean?"

"She's has words carved into the skin on her back."

Rage.

Each of the brothers in the room shared the emotion. Carter stood from his chair, clenching his hands into a first as he began punching the walls in Dr Owens office.

He was enraged. He couldn't comprehend how this sick bastard could do such a thing to his sorellina.

Callan quickly stood, wrapping his arms around his younger brother, who's first were now coated in crimson. Carter wouldn't back down, the anger he felt causing him to thrash in Callan's hold. He needed to hit something, he pictured Mr Adam's face on that wall, he had to hit it.

Zac rushed to Callan's side pulling Carter from his hold upon seeing his struggle. He pulled Carter into a hug, the latter smacking his chest in the process. Zac began threading his hands through his younger brothers brunette curls, whilst whispering soothing words in his ear. Carter soon stopped his assault on Zac's chest, clutching his older brothers navy shirt in his red stained hands as he began to break down.

Sobs wracked Carters fatigue tainted body, his breath coming out in short pants as the lump in his throat grew larger. He listened to Zac's words, willing himself to calm down. Soon his once heart wrenching sobs dispersed into whimpers. He pulled back from his brothers embrace, his pale blue eyes now swollen and red from the tears he had shed.

"Let me see your hands son." Dr Owens stated, whilst pulling a first aid kit out of the drawer in his oak desk.

Grey was silent. He felt broken, he had an incline as to what the doctor was going to tell them, but he never imagined it to be as horrific as this. Guilt ate away at him, how did he not notice? He was a social worker, it was his job to see these things. He was to wrapped up in the joy of finding his long lost baby sister that he never question her odd behaviour. The flinching, the stuttering, the panic attacks. If he had just paid more attention, maybe he could've helped them sooner.

After cleaning and wrapping Carter's hands, Dr Owens continued.

"I'm not going to repeat the words on Lily's skin. I'd like to leave that up to her if she feels comfortable enough. I hope you boys are okay with that decision."

Each of the Lombardi's nodded at the doctors orders. They would wait till Lily felt comfortable enough to share with them.

"I'd like Lily to go to therapy once she's healed, Jack too. There's other things about Lily's condition I've yet to mention, nothing overly serious but I'd like to speak with her before I discuss it further."

"Is that everything? They um, did they do anything else?" Callan whispers, his voice chocked emotion, as he prays the abuse was only physical.

Dr Owens stares at Callan, knowing exactly what the teenager was trying to ask.

"That's everything. Lily's abuse was only physical."

All the boys exhale a breath of release at Dr Owens words.

"Thank you, Dr Owens."

Dr Owens nods at Callan in response to his thanks.

"What about Jack?" Grey asks cautiously, dreading to know what the young boy has been through.