Chapter 10 { CONTINUING}

• The Invite To The Basment •

• Tiffany's P.o.v •

"I can't believe I agreed to this" I say out loud feeling myself hyperventilating.
"Girl it's just Devante" Toni looks at me giving me a smug look.
I shoot my head at her with widened eyes.
"Girl it's jodeci; I am about to record a song with jodeci" I tell toni sliding down in the passenger seat.

I mean wouldn't anybody be having a damn panic attack right now? I'm not no professional singer, I just did it for my church and now toni convinced me to come out here and show the crew my vocals.
"Tiff you'll be perfectly fine okay? You can blow no doubt about it" Toni says.
I sigh then quickly unfasten my seatbelt to get out. I look around in the unfamiliar area of New York as I wait on Toni to get out the car.
She finally signals me to follow and we walked towards the building.
I take 3 final deep breaths before entering through the door behind her.

After going down a couple stairs we finally made it to the door in which I assumed was the studio.
"Alright, everything will be fine I wouldn't lead you into danger" Toni says giving me a soft expression before opening the door revealing Kci, Dalvin, Jojo, and two other guys.
Smoke Clouded the atmosphere, with music blaring through the speakers, and the air just reeked the smell of chronic.
Every last one of them greets Toni and they all look at me.
"So who this?" one of the guys says examinating figure. He was handsome, brown skinned and a bit skinny.
"You guys this is Tiffany; Tiffany This Is Kci, Jojo, static, and elgin" .

"Hey Tiffany" the boys say in unison I couldn't do nothing but laugh.
"Hi guys, nice to meet y'all" I tell them with a warm smile on my face.
Toni plots down on the couch pushed up against the wall and I soon follow after her sitting in a rolling chair beside her.
"Do I know you from somewhere? You look so familiar" the one name Elgin asks me with a tilted head swaying side to side in another rolling chair he was sitting backwards in.
"Yeah you do look pretty familiar" I squint my eyes at him trying to remember where I had seen him.
"Wheres Devante?" Toni Questions with a concerned look I break my eye contact with elgin turning my attention back to the rest of the group.
"Man I don't know he was suppose to be here" dalvin huffs.
"Yeah, that nigga always late" jojo adds sitting all the way back on the couch.
Toni starts to have a look of disappointment.

He bet not be cheating on my girl or we're gonna have a problem.

"Whatever, anyways I'm just about to grab some food" Toni says getting up grabbing her purse.
" you want me to come?" I ask her.
"Hold on hold on we gotta a song to work on, you gotta stay" Elgin objects and I just look at him.
Dalvin laughs.
"Elgin that can't be your game" Dalvin shakes his head and elgin waves him off.

"Dont worry bout them ill ride with you" static tells toni causing her to put a smile on her face.

Okay let me find out Toni Messing around on the low and she ain't let her girls in the business.

• Rashad's P.o.v •

"Look baby, this would look so good on you" Lisa smiles holding up a gold leather jacket.

"Lisa that's horrific" I say looking away searching through the clothing rack.
She smacks her lips at my response.
"Aint nothing horrific about it; you just gotta learn how to style it" Lisa says putting the jacket back.
"Im a real simple guy, all I need is a jean jacket to match the rest of my gear" I say confidently looking at just the jacket I was referring to, pulling it out of the clothes rack I put it up against my body and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

" see, now this my style baby" I look at Lisa and start walking towards the register.
"I guess that is better then that gold jacket" she shrugged her shoulders and I responded with a nod.
I sat the jacket down for the employee to scan.
"So I have this friend that's looking for a man, you think you can hook her up with sticky?" She smiles putting a hand on her hip tilting her head.
I almost forgot the crazy shit that just came out of her mouth as fine as shorty was.

"Baby, sticky? You playing?" I say in disbelief. I mean don't get me wrong sticky is my main man but he don't do well with chicks especially a high maintenance chick like Lisa.
"If she's anything like you it ain't gone work Lisa" I chuckled and she raised her eyebrow.
" what's that suppose to mean?" She shrugged her shoulders grilling me.
"Relax baby I don't mean no harm by it He just more into bookworms and shit like that" I  tell her putting my focus on the cashier.
"It'll be 15.97 sir" said politely.
I started to dig in my pocket for my wallet.
"Trust me, I can tell the type of women sticky are into I have a good friend just for him" she say looking at me while pulling my wallet out her purse.
"You forgot it on the table at the house" she added handing it to me.
I opened my wallet to pull out a 20 dollar bill to give it to the cashier.
I said thank you to the cashier for handing me my bag and me and Lisa walked off.
" I mean I'll let him know. My guy deserves some play to" Lisa playfully hit me & I laughed it off.
" good I'll let her know" she said smirking at me. I shrugged it off and opened the car door for her.
I don't know what she had planned. I wonder why she wanted to hook sticky up I tried not to overthink it maybe she really just want to find someone for her friend either way it did give me a bad feeling.

Tiffany's P.O.V

I sit back and read the lyrics Devante wrote for me rehearsing how I want it to sound in my head.
The guys were too busy cracking jokes on each other but once the door opened up the laughter then died down
And devante walks in.
"Where you been Nigga?" Dalvin said throwing his arms up.
" had other shit to do today, I'm here now so don't worry about it" Davante said turning his attention towards me.
"Hey Tiffany I'm glad you can make it" he extends his hand out for me to shake.
I shake his hand and say
"Yeah, me too I'm pretty excited" I smile.
He returns the smile and nod.
"Good. Show me your vocals" he tells me and sits in a chair in front of the mixing table.
I walked into the booth and put on my earphones, I look up to see devante say something again.
"Where's Toni?" He turns around to look at the guys.
" her and static went to go grab food" Elgin informs him still swaying side to side in the chair.
Devante turns around and I see the slight irritation in his face.

He is clearly pissed my girl went out with a another guy, it might not be good when they walk back in together.

"You ready tiffany?" Devante ask.
"Ready" I say thumbing him up and he plays the music in my headphones..

Hello guys!! It's been a lonnnnng time but I'm back and ready for this story to be told 😭 Thank You all for still reading after it's been yearsss lol chapter 11 coming soon.🫶🏾