Chapter Two - H-hi! I-I'm ummm

The next day I went downstairs to prepare the clinic for the day and then Maru came in, as punctual as always.

"Hey, Maru." I greeted her "how's it going."

"Hi, Dr. Harvey! Guess what? I met the new farmer yesterday!"

That last line surprised me with a little slight of envy I was feeling
"R-really? How?" I asked trying to hide the jealousy.

"They went to my mom's shop to sell some material, but my mom had just met them once they came in here, so all I had to do was introduce myself. They're pretty cool, you should visit them."

"Heh, sure..." is like everyone is getting to meet this new farmer except me, like if they were avoiding me.
"What's with that attitude?"
"Sorry, nothing"
"Hey, don't come with that 'nothing' to me, I know you're hiding something."

It was still a surprise how well Maru got to know me after a few years. I admit I used to have a crush on her, but I never attempted to make a move because she was the only friend I had and I didn't want to ruin our relationship. Also because she was extremely younger than me and Demetrius would've killed me I he found out so it was a pass.

-

It was almost closing time when I heard the door opening.

"Sigh, sure come in here and ignore my schedule, I don't mind... like if I had something more interesting to do," I spoke to myself.

But suddenly an unfamiliar voice traveled through the room.
"Um, hello? My name is Y/N and I just moved in."

After hearing that I rushed to the entrance, but unfortunately due to my race I tripped and fell right in front of the farmer, hearing a "gasp" escape from their mouth. I looked up from the ground and my eyes met with some beautiful e/c, accompanied by a tousled h/c from working on the sun-their clothes were a little bit messy as well with some green stains on their legs. That mess was somehow appealing to me, it was like a sign of an exciting life waiting for...me? I had to stop daydreaming

"A-are you okay?" Said y/n
"Sorry, yeah I'm fine" I lied while getting up rapidly as if nothing happened. What Would they think about me now? Perfect, my first impression and I ruin it.

"I'm Harveynicetomeetyou"
"Huh?"
"S-sorry, I'm Harvey, the doctor from here-please drop by if you ever feel ill."
"Hehe, thanks, Harvey. Here, I brought you a present" said while taking a salmonberry out of their pocket

"Wow, thanks!" I said, they would have gifted me dirt and I'd still love it.
"Glad you liked it! Well, I have to go back to the farm. I'll make sure to visit you soon!"
"Please do"
"What?"
"S-sorry, I meant 'sure, do it' I-I'd like to see you more often-I MEAN if y-you ever get hurt or something you c-can come in anytimeyouwant- sorry."

The farmer giggled a bit "it was nice to meet you, Harvey. And the sure thing is I'll come more often to see you" said with a smile on their face.

"Th-thanks" I mumbled. All I could feel was a mild heat all over my face, I know this blush didn't go uncover.

"Well, see ya." Said Y/N while going out of the clinic.

"Take care." I thought to myself.

Do you know? They were even better looking than I was imagining.

———————————-

A/N: I'll keep this fanfic short, maybe three more chapters. But thanks for staying with me on my very first fanfic!