𝟎𝟑 | 𝐖𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚

Start from the beginning

"You know whenever I used to cry because someone made fun of me or just because I had a bad day. He used to tell me 'Your tears are precious diamonds, you shouldn't waste them for other people but only for Allah.' and that my eyes looked prettier without tears." She smiled, a wave of nostalgia hitting her.

"He was right, your eyes are like a book I can spend my entire life reading. Every chapter had it's own tale, I am yet to read." He thought but didn't dare to say out loud.

"Everything happens with the will of Allah, Anabia. We are just humans, we can't do anything. And someday, we will be also laying in our coffins." He reminded her softly.

"Tomorrow, we have to take dadu's clothes and belongings from the room." Mehraan was observing her from close and noticed how she never made eye contact with him.

"Can I keep some of his stuff, like his favorite kameez ?"

"Yes, sure."

~ ~ ~

Anabia was cleaning Jamshaid's wardrobe when her eyes fell on two envelopes with hers and Mehraan's name on them. She frowned but took them nonetheless. She starting to clean again, the envelopes long forgotten.

"Are you done ?" A manly voice came, it was Mehraan.

"Yes, almost." She took the last shawl from the cupboard and put it in the suitcase.

She gave him the suitcase when Asma and Aqsa entered the room. They smirked knowingly and looked at Anabia from head to toe, making her uncomfortable. She cleared her throat. "This room is now mine." Aqsa beamed happily. She sat on the bed with a huge grin.

"What ?" Anabia asked, confused.

"Are you deaf ? This room is now mine. I can't share my room with Asma anymore."

"But where will I go ?" By now, Mehraan was gone with the suitcase.

"You can go to hell for all we care." She said uninterested. She shooed Anabia from the room and started to plan on how she was going to decorate her new room.

Anabia became worried, they weren't any room left in the house. Where was she going to go now. She was standing in front of the door when the door opened, revealing Aqsa and Asma. They threw her suitcase, with her belongings and said. "There some place in the servant quater. Mama said that you should go there now."

"But..it's for the servants." She hesitantly replied.

"So what? We don't have place for extra people in our house." Anabia's heart broke, she took the suitcase and descended the stairs. She wiped her moist eyes and walked out, where the servant quarter was.

"Anabia beta, app idar kiya kar rahi hai ?" Adila, the maid of the house said as she saw Anabia in the servant quater, she was in her early fifties and worked in the Abbidi family from a long time. She loved Anabia as she is the only member of the family who treated her like a human, not like servant.

"Adila khala, wo Aqsa ne dada jaan ka kamra le liya isilye me idhar agayi. Aj se mein idhar hi, apke saath raho gi." Anabia said with a smile, she loved that woman. She was like a motherly figure to her.