𝟎𝟑 | 𝐖𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚

Start from the beginning

Little did she knew, Allah never burdens a soul beyond it can bear.

~ ~ ~

Someone else was also as broken as her, or maybe a little less. Jamshaid was also his best friend with whom he used to share everything, his happiness, his problems everything. He was like a second father to Mehraan, and the wound of his death was still fresh on his heart and mind. He couldn't believe Allah didn't even give him a chance to say him a last goodbye and tell him how much he loved him.

"Anabia..." He mumbled with widen eyes. Anabia. His wife. He never thought she would become his wife, yes, he did have a soft spot for her, especially because of her modesty but nothing more. Since they came back from Swat, they've both been lost in their own agony. Mehraan still had his family who supported him but her, she was alone after Jamshaid had left her. She didn't have a shoulder to cry on, she didn't have someone who would say 'I am here for you'.

Right now, all she need was someone who would erase this feeling of being unwanted and unloved. And he was going to be that someone. Maybe they got married in bad circumstances but Mehraan knows the value of nikkah and it's definitely not a game. Even if he is not going to continue this relationship, he needs to support her as her only mehram and husband.

He got up from his bed and went in Jamshaid's room, carefully that no one sees him and entered the room. He locked the door behind him and sighed when he saw her petite figure sitting on the cold floor, her body shaking because of her hiccups. As she didn't notice his presence, he sat next to her, in the same position.

"Did you eat anything ?" Was his first question. Though he already knew the answer, she hadn't swallow a single bite, let alone a proper meal.

Anabia was startled by his presence as she looked up at him with her brown eyes which were puffy and moist. She shook her head indicating him that she hadn't eat. He nodded and was about to get up but she stopped him. He gave her a questioning look. "Please, don't go.." His heart instantly reply with a 'never' while his mind was blank. She looked so weak and vulnerable. She was pleading like a child who didn't want to be left alone.

Mehraan didn't reply and sat back on his previous position. "You know he was like a friend I've never had. He was always there for me, being the first born in the family, I was very close to him." Anabia knew who he was referring to. She listened to him, letting him lighten his heart. "Baba was never there for me, I love him no doubt but he was always involved in work and work only. He hardly gave us time. So from taking my hand when I was learning to walk to blessing me when I had my job, dadu was the first person to support me."

He sighed, recalling the old memories. "I was- I still am the shy and introvert person. I've never had friends in school and till now, I don't have any because he was friend with whom I used to share my problems with. Whenever I got bad grades, he would tell 'it's ok, what matters is that you gave your best' and that's what encouraged me from doing the best I could in anything I do. I miss him." He whispered and turned towards Anabia who had a knowing smile.

It was the first time Mehraan had seen her smile, and it was a beautiful sight for him. He swore he can wake up every morning to this sight.

Upon hearing his words, Anabia gained confidence and started to share her feelings too. "Since baba left me, I was alone - just like today - but Dada jaan came and took me with him. He gave me the love of a father and a mother, both. He full filled my every need. He wasn't just my grandfather, he was my life. I still think it's a nightmare and I would wake up to him tomorrow." She chuckled knowing it wasn't true.