"Jaycee!" Jackson called me over from the opposite side of the café. I held up a finger, telling him to wait a moment.

I stepped up and pulled my Starbucks gift card out my wallet. It was a good luck gift from my parents for the exam that I skipped. I wasn't going to waste perfectly good money though.

"What can I get for you?" The deep voice of the barista asked.

I looked up and saw Chris, the guy from the fair. I smiled. "Long time no see."

"Jaycee?" I chuckled and nodded. "Wow, long time no see." He agreed. "Hey, I...heard about your friend. My cousin told me. Really sorry for your loss."

"Thanks." I accepted, ignoring the chills I got from thinking about Claire being 6 feet under. "I lost your number," I lied; I deleted it when Jack and I started seeing each other. "Can you give it to me again?" I asked.

"Yea, I'll text you on my break, because I still have yours." I nodded, agreeing to that. "Now your order?" I chuckled and ordered quickly, seeing as the line behind me was growing and people were getting angry.

I went to the end of the counter, also by where Jackson was sitting with his math textbooks.

"What's taking so long?" He rudely questioned. I simply ignored him and accepted my coffee. I smiled when I realized Chris had spelt my name correctly on my cup.

Yay, now I could finally take the basic Starbucks picture!

Usually, they spell it JC.

"Let's start." I said. Jackson didn't fight it, like he would've a few months back. He knew this was his last chance.

I helped him and he didn't do too horrible, but not well enough to get a passing grade on that exam. Oh well, it is a work in progress. He wasn't going to be a mathematical genius after one session.

It was now 2:30 and our session was over, so I began to pack up my stuff, as did Jackson. I finished up before him began to make my way out of the cafe.

"Wait, Jaycee!" Chris called from behind the counter. "Wanna go do something?"

I gave this a quick, but thorough thought. Even though I wasn't looking for a relationship, making a friend never hurts.

"Yea, sure." I agreed.

"Two minutes." He said and completed taking some lady's order.

"I thought I told you I didn't like him." Jackson mumbled walking up next to me.

I let out a sarcastic laugh and rolled my eyes. "One, you don't get a say in those decisions in my life. Two, you don't even know the guy." Jackson didn't say anything as he turned and continued his way out the door.

So much for never going to stop trying to get me to forgive him.

He's bitter.

I called Dylynn quickly and informed her I was going out for the day with Chris. Her reaction was...

Chris?! From the fair? I found him on Facebook he's a hot peace of meat.

And it caused me to nearly die laughter.

"Bye, Dyl." I ended the call and finally turned to Chris with a smile.

An almost real one. Almost. That was enough for me.

•••

It was Sunday afternoon, I've been spending a lot of time with Chris lately. We were both currently on our way back to my dorm.

We are friends, and that's all. We both know that; we both had laid down the law with each other to make it clear.

You wouldn't believe what Chris and I had walked in on.

Dylynn and Matt kissing. Like...making out. Me being me, I screamed.

"fuck!" Matt cursed.
"Hey, Jay." Dylynn said casually. She didn't move from her spot on Matt or anything. At that, Chris and I looked at each other and busted out laughing.

It was weird seeing Matt be with someone and not drunk. Jackson used to always talk about how Matt wasn't a player, but he hasn't had a serious relationship since junior year. Matt is usually only with girls like that when he's drunk or at a party or something of that nature.

So, obviously, Dylynn meant something to him.

"Shut the hell up, both of you." Matt rolled his eyes at our over-exaggeration.

"Is it official?" I asked walking up to them and pushing on Dylynn's shoulders.

The two stood up and Matt put his arm around Dylynn's waist and pulled her into his side. "Yep." They announced in unison.

Dylynn and I made eye contact and she pulled away from Matt; we both squealed and held hands.

Like little middle schoolers discussing going on their first date with their long term crush.

It was a good feeling.

I pulled away from Dylynn and approached Matt.

"Listen here, Matthew Avalon, you hurt her like Jackson did to me and you will never have children." I said with a sarcastically sweet smile.

"I know Jackson told you this same thing, but I will never, ever hurt her. Keep in mind Jackson and I are two completely different people."

I nodded. "That's so true."

I trusted Matt with Dylynn like I trusted Josh with Claire. One can only hope their relationship doesn't have to come to end, especially the way Josh and Claire's did.

•~•~•

I am so determined to finish this story by the end of June, also to the best of my ability.

I hope you guys are enjoying.

Are you guys shocked that Matt and Dylynn are together?

Make sure you follow me if you want mini teasers that I post!!! I'll always give updates On how long the update should take and all that!

- emily