Issue #35: Schizophrenic

Start from the beginning

"Who were you just talking to?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said. I was honestly ready to pull a plug on this therapy thing for now. The Ghost is becoming too unstable. Even when I give him what he wants he fights for control. I began to walk past Jane and towards the door before she grabbed my hand and forced me to look at her.

"Hey, when you said you understood me did you mean you're..."

"Crazy?"

"Not the word I was gonna use, but sure." Her tone was awkward now. Like she felt bad for beating the shit out of me.

"Yeah I... I had an incident a little less than a year and a half ago that did... things to me." I said before I turned my hand into fear gas.

"Wait are you The fucking Fog?" She sounded more hostile again.

"I don't know what that is." I put my hands up defensively. She seemed to believe me and calmed back down. "Look, I'll be honest with you, I don't wanna fight you, obviously I would've let him stab you if I wanted to. I don't know much about you except you were experimented on and transformed into this thing you didn't wanna be and it haunts you every day of your life-"

"How could you know how it feels to be me?"

"Because I go through the same thing all day every single fucking day. Even when I sleep. I got used to it for a bit but now it's almost as bad as when Crane first experimented on me."

"Experimented?"

"I don't know why I'm telling you any of this. Look, Jane, Kay, whoever, whatever, despite what others may tell you I ain't the type of guy to not take no for an answer. You didn't ask for this help and you don't want it and I'm not gonna force you like Waller would want. You can go if you want. I'm not gonna stop you." I said as I stepped back and gave her a clear path to the door.

You're pathetic.

Fuck you.

"...Look, I... may or may not have overreacted. I'm going through a lot right now." She told me. "All of my friends are dead. And I'm in prison."

"Small world. Half of my friends are dead and I'm in prison." I said. "But I assume you didn't hate your friends so I'm sorry for your loss."

"I mean they were fucking idiots but I loved them. I guess I could've done worse."

"By far."

"You hated your friends?"

"I'm the one who killed them. Or, I guess he killed them, but I wasn't sad about it. They're the ones who turned me into the monster. I wouldn't have had this voice in my head if it wasn't for them. Honestly I should stop calling them friends since in retrospect only two of them really treated me like a friend but it's a different story." I said walking back over to the chairs still in the center of the room. I sat down and Jane sat down opposite to me. "Why are you in prison? What're you in for?"

"I killed those Dada fucks and those Brotherhood assholes. You know Flaming Katy. She almost burned down a city in Florida. I also may or may not have had something to do with the Cloverton disappearance a few years ago. Now I'm here for fucking ever. Because Cliff and Rita wanted to be superheroes. The worst part is I believed in their bullshit!... and now they're all dead because of it. Heh. And it sucks. We were supposed to be immortal, Y'know?" Jane started to tear up a little bit. I remembered on the table that once was between us I had them bring in a box of tissues, specifically for Terra. They laid on the floor not too far from me, a little smashed. "That's the whole reason we had fucked up superpowers. Because some asshole was trying to figure out how to live forever and he ruined our fucking lives for it. Turned one of us into a big fucking robot that couldn't feel shit, another he made a radioactive mummy that he stole from his family, he had me experimented on with all of these serums and drugs going in and out of my body for months on end until he disguised himself as my fucking savior! There's a reason why I don't trust men."