Secrets PT.2

A/N: In this oneshot, Peter and Harley are Tony and Pepper's biological sons. Harley is the oldest and was born in 1999. Peter is the youngest and was born in 2001. Sadly, Pepper passed away during Loki's attack on New York in 2012, leaving Tony to raise his two sons alone.

And btw, for personal and emotional reasons, Civil War didn't happen.

Also, Peter is 14 and Harley is 16 in this. So, it's set in 2016.

Inspiration: Hannah Montana 1x3

//////////

Eventually both brothers were able to make it out of the theater without being caught.

And on the way home, Peter explained to Harley how he got out and why he shouldn't be surprised when they find Aunt Nat and Uncle Clint waiting for them when they got back.

When they got back, Natasha finished the plan the way she said they would, and then both adults went back up to their separate rooms, leaving the boys to mingle in the kitchen.

Harley made himself a sandwich and sat down to eat while Peter paced back and forth, collecting his thoughts.

"Why would dad do this?" Peter said aloud, lost in thought. "Why did he go on a date and not tell us?"

"I don't know." Harley replied, shrugging as he ate his sandwich.

"Please," Peter remarked. "Stop stuffing your face."

"I'm eating away the pain." Harley replied, rolling his eyes.

"Doesn't this bother you?" Peter questioned.

"Pete, it's been 4yrs." Harley replied with a sigh. "He's probably lonely."

"Well then, we'll get him a puppy." Peter deadpanned, turning his gaze towards the elevator. "I hear him."

Nodding in response, Harley got up out of his seat and the two brothers made their way towards the living room area.

"Listen, just remember that whatever happens, he can't know that we were there." Harley whispered, earning a nod from the younger brunette. "Just play it cool."

"I will. Don't worry." Peter replied, trying to assure his brother. "He won't suspect a thing."

"Alright." Harley said with a nod just as the elevator doors opened, revealing their dad.

Once the older man walked into the living room, Peter stepped forward.

"Where have you been?" Peter exclaimed. "We agreed, home by 11, and its-"

"11:03." Tony finished, raising an eyebrow.

"Exactly!" Peter continued with a nod. "Three minutes of pure agony!"

"Yes, but the important thing is that while you were out," Harley said, grabbing Peter by the shoulders as they shared a look. "We weren't."

"Right. And you were at a meeting." Peter said slowly with a nod. "How did that go?"

"Fine." Tony replied, shrugging as he walked towards the kitchen.

"Fine?" Peter exclaimed, following close behind. "One syllable? That's all I get?"

"Ok. It was, really fine." Tony replied, turning around with a smile. "Three syllables, keep the change."

"Dad, you're always talking about how we should open up more." Peter said with a dramatic sigh. "And you're right, we should. Starting now. You go first."

"Ok, it was a very productive meeting and, who knows?" Tony began. "In time, it could amount to something."

"Like what?" Harley questioned, suddenly intrigued.