Chpater 3 | Pain Medication

Start from the beginning

My hand glides off the counter, making me lose my grip and place on the ground. I try to use my other hand to grip the counter again but I miss it. I prepare for my fall.

Huh...?

How come my face isn't slammed to the floor?

I open one of my tightly closed eyes and see the floor but...my face isn't on it. It isn't face-planted onto the floor.

I feel large hands cup my stomach. Feeling a tense touch flow through my fingertips to my toes. I know a very weird description especially with a hand on my stomach. A very large one too. I feel myself get lifted back up, on the tip of my toes. "Wah!" I don't even know why I made that sound.

"You. Hand me some Advil." I hear his voice again. "And you." he looks at me. "Would you stop falling and hitting your head on almost everything?" he says with a bit of irritation in his voice.

"Well! Sorry! That my head is like bobbling head!" I angrily whisper to him.

Instead of him saying something back, he just stares at me. Was I too harsh? It's true he helped me the first time and right now. "Sorry..." I mutter back to him.

"This will be 29.67 dollars."

"Uh, we're paying-" I see him hand his card to the worker. "Hey, I can pay my-" I cut myself off as I see him just stare at me blankly like I'm stupid or something. "Thank you..." I say shyly.

Why is he staring at me like that? I silently take small deep breaths, trying to calm my pounding heart. He needs to learn to stop staring at people like that.

I grab my Advil and I step out of the store.

I see rain.

Pouring rain, water streaks flowing down the side of the road. Fuck. I put my Advil in my pocket and I swing my hood over my head, getting ready to run.

I take one last deep breath, preparing myself for the unbearable pain that was going to happen.

But before I could even take one step out onto the pavement, I feel my hood get pulled back, making me stumble.

I turn to look at what caught my hood, but it wasn't a 'what', it was a 'who'. I see him grabbing onto my hood in his left hand and an un-lighten cigarette in his right.

"You really know how to make stupid decisions, do you?" Ouch, but true.

"What? I have to get home," I say back, shoving his arm away from my hood. I put my hood back on and I get ready to run again.

"Follow me." I feel my hood get yanked again. Seriously! What is with this dude?

"Hey...!"

I'm getting dragged, aren't I?

I look down at my feet. My feet are getting towed. I hear a car beep, I look behind me and see a black Audi R8 V10. Wooo, now that's a hot car.

"Get in."

"I'm not getting kidnapped right?" I ask obliviously.

"No, you're not. I'm helping you, you dimwit, now get in before I regret it," he says opening the passenger door.

He sees I'm not convinced, especially from the way he just talked to me.

"I'm helping you right now," he says more softly. "Now. Get. In." he says back to the rough tone.

I think very hard, very hard. Having the urge to bite my bottom lip from my very hard thinking.

~~~~~