𝟎𝟎𝟏

AS ARA STARED AT THE woman before her registering the fact that she just understood spoke Thai and Ara herself understood it, she couldn't help herself from wondering whether or not she'd hallucinated the whole thing, because if Ara recalled, she'd never once in her life learned or even attempted to learn the language. She'd only over spoken her maiden language, Korean.

"Where am I? And . . . why do you keep calling me that?" Ara asked but quickly brought a hand to her mouth upon realizing that she too had responded in Thai.

What was going on?

The woman didn't seem to realize the panicked look on Aras face or she simply didn't seem to pay much attention to it as her next respond was, "Well that is what you insisted on me calling you, Miss Mayura." There she went calling Ara that strange name again.

"You said calling you Madame made you feel too old."

Ara stared at the lady in confusion over both the things she was saying to her and, again, over the fact that Ara could understand and speak Thai, "Why can I speak Thai?" she asked stating her very thoughts, "I never learned that language."

The lady laughed at Aras words in amusement, "Of course you did Miss Mayura. It's your mother tongue."

Ara realized that this lady wasn't taking her seriously and she wouldn't give her the answers she wanted, which meant she'd have to go get them herself. So without a second to lose, Ara brushed past the lady and made a run for the door, however an unfamiliar figure blocked it before she could do so.

It was a girl. She was slightly shorter than Ara, but somehow made it work. She had long, dark brown hair with the tips at the end dyed. She had round, doe like eyes that Ara was sure could get her anything she wanted if they were used properly to her advantage.

"Woah, easy there Sis." the girl said as she threw her hands up to stop Ara from running and breaking her out of her trance, "Lawan said you hit your head pretty hard."

Ara stared at the girl in confusion, "Who are you?"

The girl, however, laughed, "Quit messing around. It's me, Naree."

"Naree who?" Ara asked once again.

This time the girl was confused as she answered Aras questions, "Your sister?"

Ara shook her head, she only had one sister, and that was Saena. This girl did not look like her in the slightest. "My sisters name isn't Naree, and she doesn't look like you."

The girl laughed now in amusement similarly to the elderly woman earlier, "That's real funny."

Ara felt herself growing annoyed at not being taken seriously by each person she encountered. She wanted answers, but with how it was going, it seemed practically impossible. As Ara turned her head in frustration, she momentarily caught a glimpse of herself in the reflection of the bedroom window, and that's when she froze.

Suddenly, it dawned on her why these people were convinced she was someone else. As Ara stared at herself in her reflection, she realized that she no longer looked like how she did before the accident, no. She looked like somebody entirely different.

Ara looked down on her body and then back at her reflection in the window, wondering how that was even possible. She couldn't help from placing her hands on her new face trying to understand where she was and why she looked like someone out of a manga?

Suddenly Ara felt the air become rigid and she found it a struggle to properly breath just as she did a moment ago. She tried reaching out to grab something for support from how light headed she felt, but of course, she once again wasn't quick enough, and so before she knew it, she fell down to the ground with a harsh thud, not before drifting off into the same darkness she'd felt herself now become accustomed to.

--
Ara wasn't sure how long she'd been passed out for, but when she woke up, she was no longer on the floor and instead on her bed, with a rather concerned Naree staring back at her, who upon noticing Aras state, wasted no time in saying . . .

"We told you to take it easy, but you didn't listen."  

Ara sighed as she tried to plop herself up. Before she could come up with a response to Naree, another voice interrupted her.

"It seems like you've been finding it difficult these days to do what you're told."

Ara turned her head only to see the sight of another unfamiliar figure. As she looked closer, she saw that the figure was none other than a girl, considerably older than her. Unlike Naree, she was tall, and she had long black hair that was put up in a bun.

Though she slightly resembled Naree due to her facial features, her vibe was completely different. If the look she was giving Ara said anything, then it was that she wasn't as radiant or carefree as Naree, and instead was more on the stern and orderly side.

"The doctor said you got a minor concussion from hitting your head earlier, so experiencing symptoms like temporary memory loss would be normal." the girl stated as she slowly walked towards Ara, "But we didn't think you'd completely forget everything."

Ara wasn't sure how to respond to this girls words seeing as she was still confused over everything that was going on. But even if Ara wanted to say something, the girl didn't give her a chance to once again.

"If this is another one your tricks to get attention, then I'd suggest that you stop."  the girl said now completely changing her tone of voice, "It's not getting you anything, but pittied looks."

Naree grumbled, seemingly coming to Aras defence who was now even more confused by her words, "Lay off her, Mara."

"I'm merely stating facts." the girl said with a pointed look before whipping her head back at Ara with a stern look,  "I better not hear any more funny business from you." she warned.

She didn't give Ara a chance to even react to her words because as soon as she said that, she turned around and simply stalked out of the room.

Weird.

Naree seemed to notice the confused state of Ara. Though she probably didn't have a clue as to what was going on in her mind, she still perked up, "What she means to say is that you should get some rest." she told Ara with a warm smile, "But before you do, make sure to eat something."

As if on cue, the same elderly lady that Ara had initially spoken to upon her arrival the strange place walked into Aras room with a tray of food, food that Ara waw now sure Naree had a hand in.

"I had Lawan prepare your favorite dish since you haven't had anything proper since yesterday." She told the girl, thanking the elderly woman for the food before turning back to Ara, who was trying to come up with a sentance.

"Anyways. I'll leave you alone." Naree turned around to leave. However, Ara felt that it was only right that she thanked her for being so kind to her despite her being unknown to her, so before the girl could make it that far, Ara called out to her.

"Wait . . . Naree?" she asked and when the girl nodded in confirmation of that being her name, Ara returned the warm smile she'd previously shown her, "Thank you."

This time, Naree chuckled, "No worries. You know I always got your back."

( note: any spelling errors or mistakes indicate that this chapter has not been edited yet )