Chapter 23: Abandoned Hospital (7)

Start from the beginning

But the system no longer gave him any memories or tips. Apart from knowing that it was the man-eating monster, the rest of his mind was blank.

What made Cheng Zhi Chu even more fearful was the fact that Da Gao's earlier departure from the group was very strange. It was as if he had seen something that didn't exist. The man-eating monster probably has the ability to generate hallucinations and what he and Meng Ke saw before was probably also because of it.

If the man-eating monster could generate hallucinations, it would be several times more difficult to deal with........

"Guys, look at that arm............."

Meng Ke turned on her flashlight and pointed it at one of its limbs. A silver light reflected back, and it appeared and disappeared behind the dark hair as it let out a metallic sound. It was the key that they were looking for.

Cheng Zhi Chu's face turned even more pale. So to say, in order to get the key, they cannot just run away, they would need to kill this man-eating monster first!

"Swoosh———–Clang!"

The man-eating monster once again rammed into the protective shield. This time the impact was greater, and it used its teeth to fiercely bite onto the shield.

The blue light above them flashed and it produced an electric current. It let out a loud screech of pain before retreating back again and crouching low against the ground. At this moment, a small crack had already formed on the protective shield and it could probably only support two more attacks at most.

Meng Xin gripped tightly onto the card with a forehead covered in cold sweat. She didn't dare to act rashly.

Earlier she had fired a few shots at the man-eating monster, but the monsters outer shell seems to be very hard and the bullets had no effect at all. She was worried that if she made any further ineffective attacks it would instead anger it and the shield would break faster.

How should they kill it........

Cheng Zhi Chu gripped onto the emerald necklace hanging from his neck. The necklace could be used command a ghost or monster to do one task but on the condition that the strength of the ghost of monster does not exceed those of the users.

The man-eating monster looks like it's far stronger than him and the necklace probably wouldn't work...........but he should still give it a try!

Cheng Zhi Chu felt cold sweat forming on his forehead. In order to increase the chance of success, he had already drunk the luck potion that he had bought in advance. He then lifted the necklace up and pointed it in the man-eating monsters' direction. He took a deep breath and said.

"Before we get out of this hospital, you are not allowed to hurt us in any way."

The moment his words fell, a green glimmer of light was emitted from the jewel on the necklace. At the same time a painful groan came from within the man-eating monsters throat. However, after just struggling for a few seconds, it continued to act as fiercely as ever and once again it slammed against the protective shield.

"Bang————!

【Invalid Operation.】

Fuck, this really isn't working!!

Although he had expected this, when he saw the result Cheng Zhi Chu was still angry to the point that he almost spat out blood. For a moment he had forgotten about his fear and just felt that he was completely humiliated by this necklace.

With the third impact from the man-eating monster, the protective shield trembled, and it was covered in cracks. If just a small force was applied externally, it would immediately break down.