The real question was: when everything was really okay in my life?

"Sweetheart." Weston turned his head towards me, his eyes holding nothing else than regret and sadness.

I took a sharp breath.
"Where is it?"

"Lilah..."

"Where is the tumor?" I asked again, this time more sharply.

"In your brain..." Weston closed his eyes. "I'm sorry."

I nodded, turning my head towards the nurse.
"Is it... malignant?"

"We don't know that yet." She smiled sadly. "But we need to take some tests and MRI photos, that's why I am here."

"Okay." I nodded, then turned towards my oldest brother. "At the moment I feel like I do not want you here... well, if you don't have any other secrets of my health that you should tell me."

"I'm sorry Lilah." He tried to grab my hand, but I moved it.

"Go." I muttered.

Weston gave me one last look before he grabbed his jacket from the back of the chair, he was sitting, and left.

"What?" I asked from the nurse, her gaze tightly on me, but she didn't say anything.

"He was trying to protect you, you know?" She said, taking a needle out of its cover.

"Protect me?" I snorted. "How is it protecting that he didn't tell me that I'm doing a slow death?"

"You are not dying." She commented, placing the needle against my elbow bend.

"Really?" I asked, looking how my blood streamed into the tube. "There isn't a chance in my life that something could go right, so no, this won't either."

"We don't know it yet." She muttered.

"Ohh but we do." I rolled my sleeve back down. "It's malignant and now I just have to live with it."

"You need to keep your hopes up." She smiled reassuringly. "Believe."

"And get disappointed again?" I asked, shaking my head. "I know how this goes. This universe just has something against me."

"Try even." She muttered taking the tests with her. "We will come to take the tissue sample later, and the MRI is in an hour. I'll come get you."

I just nodded, when she made her way to the door after checking my vitals. Although, she didn't open the door before she stopped.

"Look..." She turned towards me again. "I know your brother, Weston."

"You are that nurse?" I asked, the realization hitting me. "Avery, wasn't it?"

She nodded.

"We didn't end with good terms, but I still know him, and I know that he loves you so so much, more than anything." She said. "That's why, he does even the most ridiculous things trying to keep you safe."

"You don't even know what he has done."

"Trust me Delilah." She smiled sadly. "I know."

Uncertain

"They found him." Weston walked to my room, giving me a smile. "Turned out that this brother of ours was with some girl. Typical Aiden, isn't it?"

I only shrugged, not wanting to say a word to my brother, not even wanting to look towards my brother.

It had been two days, two days since I had spoken the last word to my brother. Two days since I had heard that there was a tumor in my brain, which apparently also caused my epilepsy. Two days of waiting to hear the diagnose, which I pretty much already knew.