Misunderstanding

*Chapter 15*

Finally! Finally~ A date with Sasori~

"I'll see you later, Kivi." Sasori shot me his little smile as he made his way to the door. I nodded, almost breaking my neck from all the enthusiasm. "Be back safe, Sasori." Chiyo baa-sama came from behind me and Sasori just nodded at her, face expression totally neutral. 

Chiyo baa-sama let out a sigh after Sasori left. "Don't worry, Chiyo baa-sama. He's changing bit by bit, even if it's not very obvious." I gave her an assuring smile and she accepted it, looking relief. "Thank you, Kivi. You should be going too." I nodded and bowed. "I'll be going off now." Chiyo baa-sama smiled and told me to come home safe too. 

"Oh~Kivi! Is that a new hairstyle?" Aki squealed when we were climbing a mountain not far from the sand village to visit Shota Ken, a weapon merchandiser for the Sand village. 

"Mmhmmm~" I touched my light pink ponytail that was tied to my right side, cupping my right eye that I'm no longer ashamed of. "I'm going on a date with Sasori later." I skipped a little. Aki, Takahara and Tanaka-sensei remained silent. "Alright." That's all Aki said before staying silent. 

"So, you two are really going out together now?" Takahara spat, trying to hide his jealousy. 

"Yesss..." I dragged the word a little longer in suspicion that Takahara might say something bad about Sasori again.  

"I don't get why you always have to go against whatever people say! I really hate your guts, Kivi!" Takahara complained. 

"I'm stubborn! It's my character." I argued back though what Takahara said did hurt my feelings a little. 

Aki huffed in between my argument with Takahara. "Stop it, you two! I'm suppose to be the who argues with Takahara and you, Kivi, normally stops us! Don't switch roles with me!" 

"Aki, what are you saying? I can argue too!" 

"Not with Takahara!" 

"Enough!" Tanaka-sensei shouted and the three of us jumped. "We still have a mission to do. Keep walking!" 

"Yes, Tanaka-sensei." We said in unison before dragging our feet up the mountain. "Sigh~ When I'm at your age, I don't have to worry about this silly things." Tanaka-sensei muttered. "That's because you have Kivi's ex-caretaker." Aki murmured. Hearing that, Tanaka-sensei shot her a scary smile, "Watch your tongue." Aki pouted at his lack of response and walked faster ahead of us. 

I stared at her back, wondering what's with her today. Aki is always on my side but I guess I can't blame her. Seeing Takahara and I argued must have made us look close, I would feel the same as her if Sasori and any other girl were doing the same. I'll talk to her again when she cool down.

After a good 20 minutes, we finally reached the merchandiser's house. Tanaka-sensei knocked on the door before letting himself in, with the three of us following behind him. "Sorry for interrupting, we're ninjas from the Sand Village. Is Shota Ken in?" Tanaka-sensei asked, looking around the dimly lit room. 

There's no response. "Shota K-" Tanaka-sensei got interrupted when a huge number of shurikens flew towards us in great speed. Takahara, being the fastest in our group, reflected all of them with his Kunai, together with Tanaka-sensei. Aki and I hid behind them with our Kunais raised. "What was that?" Aki asked. 

"I'm not sure." I whispered, heart still racing a little from the surprise attack. Aki stepped forward and her eyes widen as if she realized something. "It's genjutsu, Tanaka-sensei! I can feel it." Aki waved her hand around the shop. Just then, another wave of shurikens came towards us but Aki stood her ground, "Kai!"