The middle of something

"Thank you for the story." A kid said excitedly hugging Bruno's legs before running out of the store with the others.

Even after almost five months helping around the store he was still uncomfortable about how affectionate the kids would be with him and Angie, this kind of things had never before been a part of his life, but she was changing it bit by bit. 

From the moment the news about their relationship spread around town, things started to change and not exactly as he thought they would. Bruno had always been so scared of how having him around could damage her reputation, that he had never thought about things happening the other way round.

The thought of people being nicer to him had never crossed his mind, specially not relatedly with his thoughts about Angie.

Sure, there were still people who would try to avoid him as much as they could, and maybe there were a few weird glances directed at them when they were on dates or just walking around the village, but they were prepared for that from the start. What was surprising to Bruno was how many people had started to smile and wave at him on the streets as he passed by, or the good morning wishes he would receive when buying something from someone.

One man had once said to him that people were realizing that if someone as shiny as Angie could care bout him so much, he couldn't be all that bad.

This was just the kind of effect she had in people. Angie could just make anyone feel comfortable and happy around her, she could not have powers like the Madrigals, but she was a true gift to Encanto, and no one could deny it.

"I told you that they would love hearing your interpretation of the story." Angie said smirking as she put the fairy tale back in the right place after almost two hours of the two of them acting the story.

"And you are always right, aren't you?" Bruno said hugging her from behind and taking a deep breath of the vanilla smell on her hair, even if the kids enjoyed it and were really nice with him, speaking in public was still very tiring for him.

"Yes I am, are you okay?" She asked rubbing the arm he had around her waist feeling the slight tension of his grip.

"I'll be in a second." He rested his forehead on her shoulders for a bit and then let her go of his grasp.

"Thank you for helping me with this, but if it is too much-"

"It is not, I love to spend my time with you like this." He was fast to stop her and take her hands on his.

"I just don't want you to be uncomfortable." She says, her hazel eyes seeming to pierce into his soul.

"I am not." He dismissed smiling at her "So what do we have to do now?"

She was about to answer when Agustin interrupted.

"Actually, Bruno, can you help me with the delivery of a couple of books?" The man asked.

Bruno's eyes widened and he dropped Angie's hands to scratch the back of his neck "Oh, sure I can help with that."

"I wasn't aware we had any deliveries to make." Angie frowned but Agustín waved in dismiss at her worries.

"It will only take a second, ill give your boyfriend back soon." Bruno cleared his throat at Agustín's words as Angie rolled her eyes.

It didn't matter how much time passed, Bruno would always blush when anyone referred to him as Angie's boyfriend, the title was just enough to make him flustered.

 Bruno gave a last peck on Angie's cheek before following Agustín out of the store, the other man started walking ahead with a weirdly serious expression on his face. To say Bruno was frightened would be an understatement.