Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Hey, Lilly, calm down, your embers are burning my wings!" Grow exclaimed in that incredibly annoying tiny voice of his as he flew higher. Something snapped inside of me once I heard the name. No one has called me Lilly since he did.

"Grow, calling her Lilly isn't making it any better y'know!" Someone called out as most people distanced themselves from me so they wouldn't get burnt.

Irine hissed at me as she cautiously back away; Vampires hate fire. But, sadly, there is no way in Hell am I putting out my embers in the state I'm in. Although I was still slouched in my seat, my teeth were now bared and low growls often escaped my lips, the embers on my head increasing in both heat and size. I wouldn't be so surprised if I lit the whole room on fire at this pace.

"Oh, please, she loves it when I call her Lilly!" Grow retorted and I growled, making him yelp.

"Call me that name one more time and I'll rip those pretty little wings off and replace your feet with them." I threatened. He gulped and vigorously shook his head before flying out of the room.

"P-P-Please, please calm down!" The headteacher's voice trembled as he hid behind the podium.

I pointed at him. "You," I growled. "Fix this before I lose my temper."

The cowardly girl looked at me wide-eyed. "This isn't losing her temper?!"

Such a stupid child. "I'm a Devil, sweetheart," I smiled at her sweetly. "Of course this isn't losing my temper." I caught the sight or Orion in the corner of my eye, grinning madly at me. He was loving this. "Irine, Medda, we're leaving." I walked off without needing to look back, I know they're behind me.

*****

"The nerve of that boy!"

"Choosing her as his mentor?!"

"Humans really are mad."

"My guess is that he thought he had a chance with her!"

"That's just sick."

The comments kept on coming as I walked through the halls, trying to cool myself off. Irine and Medda hissed at the whisperers, fending them off; that just made me even more pissed. I'm a Devil, I don't need any damn babysitters.

"If I hear one more person talk about me, someone will die today!" The entire hall shut up at that moment, meaning that my warning did not go unheard.

"Lady Lillith, please report to the headteacher's office, you are needed." The deputy-headteacher said through the school's speakers.

I growled and held out my right hand. A ball of black fire hovered above it and I threw it towards the speaker nearest to me. It exploded and people covered their heads to protect themselves from the tiny pieces that flew off from the now broken speaker. "Someone is going to die tonight," I promised as I stalked to the headteacher's room.

*****

I slammed the door to the headteacher's office open and stormed in. "What do you want?" I hissed.

Inside the room was Angelica - no surprise there - the humans - again, no surprise - the Headteacher - looks like he hasn't been killed...yet - and Orion - major surprise there.

Orion smirked at me, his eyes telling me how much he wished he could kill me. "Oh, little sister, you really do enjoy involving me in your problems, don't you?" He asked through clenched teeth.

I gave him an innocent look. "I don't involve you in my problems...I make your own problems for you." I replied with a sweet smile. He growled but said nothing else. "Why are you here, anyway?"