No. He thought. He could not do this to this girl. Even if they got married, he would have less to no time for her because of the startup business he is working on and he does not want to destroy someone else's life without even letting them know about his situation. Yes. he thought. He should talk to the girl.

He turned towards the envelope and cut open the tape. The first thing he saw was a photograph but he was least interested in seeing how some girl looked like when the chance was that they wouldn't even be married after this meeting. Quickly punching in the number, Devasya pressed onto the call option hoping that this girl might have the solution to his problems.

*******

There is a problem. A big problem. This was the sentence going on loop in Sonarika's mind. How can they arrange her marriage to a stranger without even asking her? She thought gloomily. Sona does not what she is going to do with the fact that she has to get married next month. Her exams are still not over and the last year of mbbs is harder than the combination of all four years.

Sona's heart thumped loudly inside her ribcage. She was scared. She did not like meeting new people and maybe that was the reason that she has no friends and only acquaintances, but now she is supposed to be married to a stranger and that too so soon. With one and a half years of her course remaining to be completed, she was not even sure if her would-be-husband will even allow her to become a doctor.

She should talk to her parents about this then, right? She did. She talked to her parents trying to make them understand that she wanted to become something in her life, she wanted to accomplish her dreams first, she wanted to be something but her parents, as usual, ignored her pleas and lectured her about how it's hard for them to even walk into a relative's place when all people ask them is why Sona isn't married. They said they were tired of telling them Sona is studying when all they ask is "why is she still studying? Shouldn't she already have completed her studies and be married?"

This is what Indian society is, Sona thought bitterly. All they know is how to interfere in other people's lives and make their already hard life harder. After those requests, Sona's parents shushed her and sent her back to her room asking her to study or do whatever she wants.

Sona jerked back to reality with her mobile's ringtone. Unknown number, It said. Contemplating to whether she should pick it up or not, she finally pressed the green phone logo.

"Hello?" A deep and husky voice asked from the other end. Sona's eyebrows furrowed and she mumbled a quick hello back.

"Is this Sonarika?"

"Yes, this is her. May I know the purpose of this call please?"

"Oh yes. This is Devasya" Sona's eyes went wide. This. This was the man her parents has chosen for her. Sona quickly composed herself and asked in an even tone

"Hi, Devasya. This is Sonarika here. What did you want to talk about?"

"Actually, I have something to talk to you about urgently. Can you please meet me at the Krishna Sagar hotel in 10 minutes?"

"Yes, of course, I can. I am coming right now."

"Ok, thanks. See you there"

**********

Devasya's leg bounced up and down nervously. Devasya was anxious about what Sonarika's reaction is going to be. He closed his eyes trying to re-arrange the sentences he is going to tell her. "Excuse me?" A sweet and honeyed voice asked and Devasya jerked back to reality. In front of him, a girl was standing. This must be Sonarika, Devasya thought. "Yes? Are you Sonarika?"

"umm, yes I am. You are Devasya right?" Devasya nodded his head and asked her to sit on the chair. "So, Hi Sonarika. I just wanted to talk about my life and I think I should tell you that I am really busy with my startup right now and I don't think, to be honest, that I am ready to be married. I have so many responsibilities and I think I would not be able to add someone to that list. Somedays, I might not even be home. Please, don't take this in the wrong way, I did not want to destroy your life and expectations by promising to be everything I know I can not be."

Sona's eyebrows furrowed in thought. "Then you can refuse your parents right? You could tell them that you aren't ready."

"That's the problem. My mom is forcing me to get married. I mean I get it that she wants to see me happy but I would be 100 times more happy working" Devasya sighed tiredly. Sona could clearly see the stress lines lining his forehead.

"Well, I don't want to get married either but my relatives are forcing my parents to get me married. They are taunting them and you know Indian parents. I tried to talk to my parents out of this but they refused"

Devasya leaned back in his chair, all hope lost. He can't believe that he is going to have to do this. What the hell man.

Sonarika could not believe what she just heard. She looked at Devasya to see him looking painfully sad and worried. She looked away from him and got lost in her thoughts to find some solution to his problem. Yes! I got it!

"Umm, are you here?" Sona asked Devasya.

"Oh yes! I am sorry I guess we can do something about it. Don't worry, I would not let you suffer" Devasya forced a smile. Sona smiled widely and said "Oh! Don't worry, I already thought of something!" Devasya could not hide the happiness in his tone when asking "What?"

"As you might know that I am in my final year of mbbs and same as you, I would not have time for marriage too. The last year of mbbs is hard and requires students to travel too sometimes so I don't think I would have time too. As you told me that your mom is not ready to take a No for an answer same as my parents then we can strike a deal if you're up for it?"

"What is the deal?"

"We can get married but it would be for namesake only. After getting married, we both would not have expectations from the other one, we both can only focus on our work and career. We can live as roommates, I can cook and clean and you can bring in groceries or something like that. We could make it work. What do you say?"

Devasya's eyebrows went till his hairline in surprise. He was impressed with this girl and this could be the perfect solution for both of them. The only reason he was not up for marriage was because of the expectations and responsibilities it brings with it but now it's solved as both of them would be immersed in their own work. Yes. This could work. He thought.

Devasya smiled widely and said "Oh my God! This is perfect Sonarika! Yeah, we can make it work! " Sona smiled happily at his words. Now, Sona can do her studies peacefully and finally become a doctor and Devasya can work on his startup in any way he wants.